challenge cup draw

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wolftown warrior

Re: challenge cup draw

Post by wolftown warrior »

no chance mate... we get no, zip ,nada coverage of rugby league down here... thank got for the net, i`m surprised that i can actully pick up rugby league world mag.. that is a new luxury.. so i am hoping that the sport is getting some more coverage than it used to..
Dorsey

Post by Dorsey »

WW you do know that BBC GMR broadcast match commentary of some games over the net don't you?
I had to go to M/cr airport last Sunday so I couldn't go to Terry's match at Orrell but I got back in time to hear most of it on my pc - not the same as being there but better than nothing :)
wolftown warrior

didn`t know that dors.. i will have to look into it?? u think i can pick up that channel here in the mids??
i have always & still maintain, that the superleague site should follow the format of the nfl & other american sports & have live updates.. so everytime a try is scored the score is sent through & updated on the site.. therefore giving the fans who can`t go. through travel/away game the chance to keep tabs.. they even have play by play on these sites, but we don`t need that, just score update. how hard can it be for someone to press a button on a laptop?? they should concider it.. i think it would really catch on! especially on the sundays where there are 4 or 5 matchs that kick off the same time.. it is good to see how all the teams are going at the same time.. even more so when the play offs loom & your looking for a certain team etc..
Dorsey

Post by Dorsey »

Here you go have a look at this (and maybe win yourself a shirt at the same time!) bottom right of the page on this link :
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... efault.stm

redhead

Post by redhead »

sorry just had to laugh when I read that Milward thinks they are going to wing the CC...has no one told him theyve got Bradford for there first game? :)
the little walnut
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

wolftown warrior posted:
i have always & still maintain, that the superleague site should follow the format of the nfl & other american sports & have live updates.. so everytime a try is scored the score is sent through & updated on the site.. therefore giving the fans who can`t go. through travel/away game the chance to keep tabs.. they even have play by play on these sites, but we don`t need that, just score update. how hard can it be for someone to press a button on a laptop?? they should concider it.. i think it would really catch on! especially on the sundays where there are 4 or 5 matchs that kick off the same time.. it is good to see how all the teams are going at the same time.. even more so when the play offs loom & your looking for a certain team etc..
They have something similar on the sporting life site (www.sportinglife.com), I use to keep up with games when I can't go.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
wolftown warrior

hey thanx dorsey.. appreciate that.. & also thanx for that info fraggle. i will have to look at that when the season starts.. i usually keep checking the text, but to be honest.. by the time they have updated the bloomin thing i could have drove to whereever we were playing and found out myself!! LOL

what i don`t want is a repeat of last year, where i was at work on good friday, no way of checking the score & we were hanging on against saints.. the text didn`t change until 20 mins AFTER the final whistle.. not a good day for the ticker that one!! LOL
thanx for the helping hand..