JJB Stadium

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TraceyM

JJB Stadium

Post by TraceyM »

Does anyone know if the subject of the shared stadium has been raised. If Latics get promotion to the Premiership as I am lead to believe that they can no longer share a ground with another sporting club? If this has not been addressed by the Board I think it should be don't you!! :conf:
Mike
Site Admin

Re: JJB Stadium

Post by Mike »

Not again, I should start an FAQ about this. :angry:

This is incorrect. Check out the fact that several Premeirship clubs already share grounds - search this message board for more details...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
DaNnY jOnEs

Post by DaNnY jOnEs »

Mike i heard that 2 top division teams from 2 different sports cannot share the same ground. no one sofar has this problem people in the premiership share grounds with lower division clubs.
if you hate St.Helens clap your hands!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

DaNnY jOnEs posted:
Mike i heard that 2 top division teams from 2 different sports cannot share the same ground. no one sofar has this problem people in the premiership share grounds with lower division clubs.
Yeah, and only if their names both begin with 'W' eh?

Its just Latics fans trying to wind you up. If you like, tell them that we have a 50.5% stake in the lease and therefore they will have to share with Preston. :wink:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

DaNnY jOnEs posted:
But it has happened in the past. Bradford were in the Premiership IIRC when the Bulls first moved from Odsal, and London shared the Valley with Charlton for a couple of years. As Mike says this is all nonsense spread by Latics fans, and I think in any case the stadium belongs to a company called Wigan Football Club Ltd which is not the same as Wigan Athletic or Wigan Rugby. If I'm right, this means is that the Latics have no influence over whether we play there or not, it's entirely up to Mr Whelan as it's his toy to play with. If he wants to kick both us and Latics out and let Orrell play there, that's up to him.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
DaNnY jOnEs

Post by DaNnY jOnEs »

cheers fraggle put my mind at rest well at least till another roumer crops up
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

the stadium is to big for the football at the moment and to small if they get into the premiership they should find an alternative ground to best suit there needs and let orrell and the warriors share the jjb (bet that gets them goin)
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

the grinch posted:
the stadium is to big for the football at the moment and to small if they get into the premiership
Having a bigger stadium just means there's room for even more away fans, surely they don't want the home support outnumbered by too much?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
TraceyM

Post by TraceyM »

For the record the info on shared grounds was received from several different sources, non of which were Latics based!! :exc:
DaNnY jOnEs

Post by DaNnY jOnEs »

my veiw was read in the wigan evening post but then mike sed it was latics winding me up so i dnt no what to belive. i no 1 thing though i hate latics with a passion and their fans :snea1: