Deacon to Wigan

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Martin Taylor

Re: Deacon to Wigan

Post by Martin Taylor »

Think there could be a bit of truth in this one! Spoke to a number of people about this last week who work at the club and who know Deacon personally, and from what i have been told if he does come, it's with the intention to cover both half-back and hooker! This is why Bradford have snapped up Jeffries! Also, Deacon approached us rather than vise versa!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Martin Taylor posted:
Think there could be a bit of truth in this one! Spoke to a number of people about this last week who work at the club and who know Deacon personally, and from what i have been told if he does come, it's with the intention to cover both half-back and hooker! This is why Bradford have snapped up Jeffries! Also, Deacon approached us rather than vise versa!
Perhaps not a bad idea, given that Grandad is probably retiring although I would have been looking for Mike McIllorum to get the other hooker spot. But we are very vulnerable in the halves if either TL or Barrett get injured, there are no obvious replacements. Having Deacon as a bench/squad member rather than in the starting line-up might work and give us a bit of depth that we are definitely lacking in midfield.

Plus, with him approaching us, he's not going to be demanding a big paycheck...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I think McIlorum has another year to go in his development before he can be a regular #2 to Mickey and hopefully a #1. Deacon??? i dont know about this to be honest. Would prefer Newton back
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

no! no! we don't need newton for god's sake!

let mcllorum develop, he did fine this year when he played. higham should be no.1 hooker, higham deserves the no.1 hooker spot!
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

tommo46 posted:
why not stick lulu in as hooker with micky higham runs hard, good step, hits hard and cracking pair of hands, perfect dummy half material id say!!!
Why not leave Lu Lu as he is, another season I am sure will see a big improvement, and put Deacon at 9
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
butt monkey posted:
New rumour today. Sean Long to Catalans with Paul Deacon to the Stains. Lets see if this is more likely? :eh:
Heard this yesterday. Apparently Deacon has offered his services to both Saints and Wigan.. :roll:

p.s..Long to Catalans, isnt far enough away! lol
Saints are welcome to Deacon. We could offer him £24k maybe, as an emergency backup outside the 20/25, but that's the limit of his usefulness.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

He is getting on a bit now... he's almost 3
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Think for the rite money it would be an ok signing ,cover for the halves and hooker also we could have all three players on with Barrett at loose forward and Lockers at second row, Bradford are a better team when he plays and he gives us a back up in the kicking department and in general play .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

ancientnloyal posted:
He is getting on a bit now... he's almost 3
Thats how old he looked before he broke his face
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Deacon a few seasons back but not now.

He a good half and better than the garbage we have had over the years, but a bit long in the tooth now and prone to the odd injury that never used to affect him before.