Deacon to Wigan

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ddtftf

Deacon to Wigan

Post by ddtftf »

I was talking to one of the Wigan staff today and he said that Paul Deacon has contacted Wigan to see if they are interested in him. Maybe a replacement for Millard if he retires?
wigan rugby

Re: Deacon to Wigan

Post by wigan rugby »

I have also heard this aswell of a Bradford fan. Would make sence seeing as Bradford have signed ben jefferies but where would we play him wouldnt want Leuluai leaving lately he has been playing fantastic for the us.
"We got the best club in all of the world
we got Barrett and Kenny
Edwards and Hanley
Boston and Kevin Irooooooooo
oooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo"

Watch My Wigan Warriors Video On Youtube And Please Leave A Comment
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6bFqmejJ0_8

Mrs Lifter

Post by Mrs Lifter »

All the talk in the ladies loo in the Red Lion at Odsall after last weeks game was that Bradford fans were convinced that Deacon was coming to us.The only reason i didnt post it on here was they also said Tommy was leaving us so i didnt think there could be much truth in it.But now its surfaced closer to home who knows?
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

ddtftf posted:
I was talking to one of the Wigan staff today and he said that Paul Deacon has contacted Wigan to see if they are interested in him. Maybe a replacement for Millard if he retires?
i posted the same about deacon afew back. id be disappointed if he was brough in to replace lulu, although he isnt the finished article there's alot of potential and he's still young.as others have said there's been a noticable improvment in his performances of late thats why id stick with him for next season
tommo46

Post by tommo46 »

why not stick lulu in as hooker with micky higham runs hard, good step, hits hard and cracking pair of hands, perfect dummy half material id say!!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Don't need him, don't want him. He's a good goalkicker, and that's about it.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

ddtftf posted:
I was talking to one of the Wigan staff today and he said that Paul Deacon has contacted Wigan to see if they are interested in him.
Um, I read that is he wants us, rather than we want him. That's not any kind of guarantee he'll be coming to Wigan. As GeoffN says above, apart from his goalkicking (and Paddy's not doing much wrong at all in that respect) he's not got much else to his game, and he's not getting any younger.

I can see him at Salford with Robbie rather than coming to us, as they're missing a scrum-half with Robinson leaving....
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I guess he wants to move to a big club.
jollygiant3107

Post by jollygiant3107 »

tommy isnt going anywhere. :exc: the rumour about him going is crap.
Jake

Post by Jake »

jollygiant3107 posted:
tommy isnt going anywhere. :exc: the rumour about him going is crap.
Hope this view is nearer the truth