Wild as centre - what's your view?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Wild as centre - what's your view?

Post by Mike »

I just read that Mike Gregory is thinking of putting Stephen Wild in as cover for Briscoe at centre, with Brown on the bench.

Personally, I would have gone for O'Loughlin in the centre as I think that could turn out to be his best position. I reckon O'Loughlin must start in the second row if wild is in the centres. :conf:

Who would you pick?

BTW, you can pick your own team for the match by going to the match preview page. Everyone will be able to see the most voted for team, and links to the teams individual users have picked...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
southern warrrior

Re: Wild as centre - what's yo...

Post by southern warrrior »

well i dont think thats such a bad choice he has the size and he's pretty mobile for a big lad and to play against those bully boys next week we 're going to need some big fellas out wide after the game tonight id be tempted to play craig smith out wide just to stop the train that is leslie(big girls name )well you know what i mean i have every faith in mike and the boys but we're going to have to come up with some good tactics to turn those great lumps around and get them on the back foot, i hope we run them off they're feet with skill not just barge tactics like they seem only capable of using,which are very boring. :conf:
DaNnY jOnEs

Re: Wild as centre - what'...

Post by DaNnY jOnEs »

I'd go with wild at centre against bradford coz of their size outwide but in future i'd like to see brown their because of his speed and capability with the ball. i here this year he's going to be cover for radlinski not sure about this as he isnt very tall and previously untested there but im not arguing gregory knows best. i think o'loughlin shud be kept out of the backs he's deffinatly a foward top takler last season and i dont think he has much of an attacking quality.
if you hate St.Helens clap your hands!
skorpion

Re: Wild as centre - what'...

Post by skorpion »

Wild played centre for the alliance under billy mcginty, so he's no stranger to the position. He could be up against johnson, so it should be easy.