Its official

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
stevo38

Re: Its official

Post by stevo38 »

but what restraints is dw putting on the deal to sell cos we all know hes a tight b...trd
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

GeoffN posted:
lucky 13 posted:
= If DW would alow the new owners to move away from the JJB then they would but he wont sell the club without WRL staying , well short term anyway :blush:
Are you saying Lenaghan wants to move from the JJB? Why?
There is absolutely no logic to us moving again. It took several years for people to go back to watching Wigan after the move from Central Park, many people refused to go near the JJB for a long time. We move again, and that situation starts up again with us losing fans unhappy at the constant movement.

The JJB is just about the right size for us. Our average of 16000 means the place is always more than 50% full, we rarely need to worry about sell-outs because of the number of fans in RL. A stadium which is smaller will be no good for derby games and other top matches. A stadium which is bigger will look rubbish on tv. And there is 0% chance of another 25000 seater stadium going up in the Wigan area.

http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Its the money DW is asking for to use the stadium the new owner does not want to move but seeing how much he wants the club fired this across as a warning shot,because DW wants to be able to raise the rent ,if the new owner puts a reported 5 mil in he is then over a barrel if DW wants to put the rent through the roof , so he wants a longer agreement and set price ,the move issue is just saying he will move before agreeing to such a condition as it now puts DW in the same position ie if its a 5 year set price then the new owner could move so leaving DW with out income for the stadium and % of both catering shirt sales and corporate , I think a compromise will be reached but not 100% sure but neither are any of the sides at this point so we will just have to see .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Could all be sorted by Thursday the main issues have more or less been sorted just some minor things to sort out , 2 new players lined up and we are looking to add another 2 at least , no names but we will be very happy with one of the signings up to now :cool:
02/04/2010/

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

lucky 13 posted:
Could all be sorted by Thursday the main issues have more or less been sorted just some minor things to sort out , 2 new players lined up and we are looking to add another 2 at least , no names but we will be very happy with one of the signings up to now :cool:
How good is your source for this? Because my source at the club, who's always been pretty reliable up to now - he told me about Noble in advance - claims to know nothing about any new signings.
Nine

Post by Nine »

Cruncher posted:
lucky 13 posted:
2 new players lined up and we are looking to add another 2 at least , no names but we will be very happy with one of the signings up to now :cool:
How good is your source for this? Because my source at the club, who's always been pretty reliable up to now - he told me about Noble in advance - claims to know nothing about any new signings.
The source is Brian Noble at the Riversiders meeting he came to in September.
Squad number 18!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Fraggle posted:
]

Are you saying Lenaghan wants to move from the JJB? Why?
There is absolutely no logic to us moving again. It took several years for people to go back to watching Wigan after the move from Central Park, many people refused to go near the JJB for a long time. We move again, and that situation starts up again with us losing fans unhappy at the constant movement.

[/quote]

Correct, my mum (and dad) took us everywhere whilst we were at central park, home and away even a-team matches (i think she still has a thing for phil clarke) but ever since wwe moved to the JJB she hasn't been to one single home match, her last match was snowy salford last year when we had to drag her there. Now i keep her informed about Lenagan and she's asking 'so who's going to take me then?'...

IMO it is stupid not going to a stadium because of mr whelan but thats the way it is/was for her.

JJB is just right for us, we only expect a sell out twice a year, so 25,000 is great
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Nine posted:
Cruncher posted:
lucky 13 posted:
2 new players lined up and we are looking to add another 2 at least , no names but we will be very happy with one of the signings up to now :cool:
The source is Brian Noble at the Riversiders meeting he came to in September.
In which case you'd expect it to be true. However, Noble also allegedly told someone that we'd signed Chev Walker, and something then occurred during the course of the take-over to prevent this happening. Isn't is possible that the same thing might have happened again?
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Same person told me korky was a cas player and the dead line for sorting things out would be this week which you can go back and check but this is just information I have been told up to now its not far off most of the time :roll:
02/04/2010/

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

lucky 13 posted:
Same person told me korky was a cas player and the dead line for sorting things out would be this week which you can go back and check but this is just information I have been told up to now its not far off most of the time :roll:
If you're still rolling your eyes at my foolish doubts in a few days' time, then I'll be the first to apologise. I sincerely hope you are.