Grand Final Thread

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
robjoenz

Re: Grand Final Thread

Post by robjoenz »

turf posted:
I thought Ashley Klein was superb. He even penalised Long for going for a 40 - 20 directly from the 20 metre tap!! :lol: :D
He didn't penalise him, he just gave the scrum against them. It was funny; I was trying to explain to the Saints fans behind me that as soon as the ball is kicked it's live, it's not like a drop-out or kick-off. I got the impression that he expected head and feed, did I see right?
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

yeh you saw right Rob... it bemused me
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
turf

Post by turf »

robjoenz posted:

He didn't penalise him, he just gave the scrum against them. It was funny; I was trying to explain to the Saints fans behind me that as soon as the ball is kicked it's live, it's not like a drop-out or kick-off. I got the impression that he expected head and feed.
How could Long expect head anf feed when he has done something that is against the rules??

He was trying to cheat as per usual and got deservedly penalised for it as Klein awarded the scrum to Leeds.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Made my night tonight to see Wellans made to look ordinary again to see the faces of the Saints team and fans(happened to us in the past but not the unbeatable Saints) and the Walk off with 10 mins to go .To top it all i won a tenner on the lottery.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

robjoenz posted:
turf posted:
I thought Ashley Klein was superb. He even penalised Long for going for a 40 - 20 directly from the 20 metre tap!! :lol: :D
He didn't penalise him, he just gave the scrum against them. It was funny; I was trying to explain to the Saints fans behind me that as soon as the ball is kicked it's live, it's not like a drop-out or kick-off. I got the impression that he expected head and feed, did I see right?
According to Eddie in the NRL if a player kicks from the 20mtr restart they get the put in where the ball goes over the line.

If Long had stayed downwith the Lions last year instead of running home like the baby he is he might have known that.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

turf

Post by turf »

GeoffN posted:
Where's that image from GeoffN??
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

turf posted:

right click on it, select "properties"...it's not that hard.

Here endeth today's I.T. lesson...
turf

Post by turf »

GeoffN posted:
turf posted:

right click on it, select "properties"...it's not that hard.

Here endeth today's I.T. lesson...
Ok, sorry GeoffN, I have seen it now on that site!!

Cheers GeoffN!! :D :D
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

turf posted:
How could Long expect head anf feed when he has done something that is against the rules??

He was trying to cheat as per usual and got deservedly penalised for it as Klein awarded the scrum to Leeds.
Long didn't break the rules. He took the 20 metre optional kick. His option was to kick it into touch, nothing wrong with that.

Giving a scrum isn't penalising... it's a means of restarting play when the ball finds touch or when an accidental error occurs.