Catalan 2008?

Organise your next away trip, see who else is going or even arrange group transport with other Wigan fans.
FROM A TO B

Catalan 2008?

Post by FROM A TO B »

I have just mailed the below to the RFL.
Not expecting a reply, but if a few more email the same / similar message, it might get through.

Dear sirs.

As I understand, the RFL may be announcing the 2008 fixtures sometime during November.

As such, can you please advise if Wigan Warriors fans will be given a chance to enjoy an away trip to Catalans during the late spring / summer months? For the past two seasons, this club has been given first / early away draws against this club and as one of the best supported clubs in SL, I feel that it is time that the fans were given a chance to enjoy a trip to the South of France, with the chance of some decent weather.
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
mike binder

Re: Catalan 2008?

Post by mike binder »

FROM A TO B posted:
Not expecting a reply, but if a few more email the same / similar message, it might get through.

Dear sirs.

As I understand, the RFL may be announcing the 2008 fixtures sometime during November.

As such, can you please advise if Wigan Warriors fans will be given a chance to enjoy an away trip to Catalans during the late spring / summer months? For the past two seasons, this club has been given first / early away draws against this club and as one of the best supported clubs in SL, I feel that it is time that the fans were given a chance to enjoy a trip to the South of France, with the chance of some decent weather.
i agree and dannys sharks have been offered a chance to play in a cats warm up game ,but cant do anything till the fixtures come out.
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
stellabelly

Post by stellabelly »

totally agree with you.
However the powers that be in our game are not worth a w@nk, and will do what they like no matter what the supporters say.
Wigan in France early on means a healthy start financially for the club and the cafe/bars in area do a fair trade as well.
'Rugby League the greatest professional game run by the most arrogant amateurs'.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Would like to make a long weekend of it during may> october perhaps. would double up as our 2nd holiday in 2008 :lol:
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

heard long could play in this game next season ,deacon to sts???
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
wigan pie man

Post by wigan pie man »

FROM A TO B posted:

Dear sirs.

oh aye...and they'll take you on.

its sport mate.....not a bl@@dy excuse for an holiday.
WIGAN PIE MAN ......SPONSORED BY MECCA BINGO
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

wigan pie man posted:
FROM A TO B posted:

Dear sirs.

Maybe... but... the fans of our club are going to stop attending that fixture if we keep on getting the first away match of the year when the weather is not great. Why should we be the only club not to enjoy the chance to travel over there in the summer? They do run the risk of losing interest from the travelling fans which might equate to losing quite a few Euros given the size of our away support which must be the largest in the league these days. The RFL are not the brightest organisation around, but I think they do understand £ and € signs...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
wigan pie man

Post by wigan pie man »

Fraggle posted:
wigan pie man posted:
FROM A TO B posted:

Dear sirs.

Maybe... but... the fans of our club are going to stop attending that fixture if we keep on getting the first away match of the year when the weather is not great. Why should we be the only club not to enjoy the chance to travel over there in the summer? They do run the risk of losing interest from the travelling fans which might equate to losing quite a few Euros given the size of our away support which must be the largest in the league these days. The RFL are not the brightest organisation around, but I think they do understand £ and € signs...
why should any club get preferential treatment on when they go where??????
the fixtures (as far as i am aware) are computer generated, and you play when they tell you to.

what if every supporter of every club wanted cats away in august to coincide with their jolies??

go when the fixtures tell you to and stop moaning.
the alternative is anarchic chaos. :doz:
WIGAN PIE MAN ......SPONSORED BY MECCA BINGO
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

wigan pie man posted:
Fraggle posted:
wigan pie man posted: oh aye...and they'll take you on.

why should any club get preferential treatment on when they go where??????
the fixtures (as far as i am aware) are computer generated, and you play when they tell you to.

what if every supporter of every club wanted cats away in august to coincide with their jolies??

go when the fixtures tell you to and stop moaning.
the alternative is anarchic chaos. :doz:
I don't think any of us are asking for preferential treatment. Have you been to the away games at Catalans? Either the league games or the earlier Cup games to UTC? EVERY time we have played in France it has been at the beginning of the season at the most expensive time for travelling. The budget airlines start offering cheaper flights later in the year, and supporters of the other clubs can benefit from those, but to my knowledge we are the ONLY club who have not had the opportunity to travel there in the summer. It is not asking for preferential treatment to have the same opportunities as everyone else.

As for the fixtures being computer-generated, as a system developer of many years' experience I have to say that computers are only as good as the people who write the programs. And the fixture list system, if there is such a thing, is certainly subject to human intervention to fit things like the Millenium Magic event in there, fixtures where some teams play each other 4 times whereas others are just 2, ensuring that there is a Good Friday fixture between Wigan and Saints, also somehow managing to make Wigan vs Saints on either the last or penultimate weekend of the season (the last few seasons...). This must require a lot of co-ordination, to avoid your "anarchy", but at the same time there is a lot of manual changing going on and us asking for equal treatment with the other teams should be just another of those "manual" changes.

Having lived in France and enjoyed the summer time over there, I can assure you that it is not necessary to be there in August to have good weather. Anytime from April to September would be more than adequate. But that's a bit different to February in the snow and rain as we have had for the last several visits to France...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Bear

Post by Bear »

Big debate this, i think we should just all see how the fixtures turn out and stop moaning about when to play them, we all want holidays in the sun yes. But on the other hand WPM is right as it isnt for us to decide when we play. We as fans have nothing to do with fixture making. So lets just see yeah?
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!