Catalan 2008?

Organise your next away trip, see who else is going or even arrange group transport with other Wigan fans.
wigan pie man

Re: Catalan 2008?

Post by wigan pie man »

thank you bear

seems its not ok for wigan fans to go in february, but its ok for hull, leeds, bradford, et al, fans to go??
somebody has to go early season...end of.

btw...this threads give me an idea.
im gonna write to the rugby league and ask em can we change the millenium weekend to the second weekend in july to fit in with my plans.

i fancy a short reply containing the word OFF in it.
as i expect will be the reply A to B will be getting.
WIGAN PIE MAN ......SPONSORED BY MECCA BINGO
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Bear posted:
Big debate this, i think we should just all see how the fixtures turn out and stop moaning about when to play them, we all want holidays in the sun yes. But on the other hand WPM is right as it isnt for us to decide when we play. We as fans have nothing to do with fixture making. So lets just see yeah?
It isn't for us to decide, that is true. However, is a bit of fairness not permitted either? The season is 26 weeks long - surely it's not too much to ask for a game in France not to be in the first 3 of those 26 weeks...

Every other team seems to manage to get a game in those other 23 weeks, why should Wigan be singled out for special treatment? The rest of the league seems to complain whenever there is a perception that we get treated differently with anything else related to the sport...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

wigan pie man posted:
seems its not ok for wigan fans to go in february, but its ok for hull, leeds, bradford, et al, fans to go??
You have missed the point entirely.

No-one has said it's not ok for Wigan fans to go in February. Infact, I have no problem with the February fixture if we also get a 2nd trip later in the year. All Wigan's visits to France have been at the start of the season and at no other time of the year. All the other clubs have had the chance to go at the other times of the year. That is unfair on the fans who pay a lot of money to watch those fixtures, and particularly unfair given the lower flight prices later in the summer AFTER Wigan have played in France.

All the clubs should be in the mix to play there early in the season. All the clubs should also be in the mix to play there mid-season. From the evidence of the first two seasons, that is NOT the case.

No-one is talking of preferential treatment for the fans, we are talking about EQUAL treatment for the fans, because this affects we the fans more than anyone else. If you're happy paying more to go to France than the fans of every other club, then that's up to you.

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
Bear

Post by Bear »

Fraggle posted:
Bear posted:
Big debate this, i think we should just all see how the fixtures turn out and stop moaning about when to play them, we all want holidays in the sun yes. But on the other hand WPM is right as it isnt for us to decide when we play. We as fans have nothing to do with fixture making. So lets just see yeah?
It isn't for us to decide, that is true. However, is a bit of fairness not permitted either? The season is 26 weeks long - surely it's not too much to ask for a game in France not to be in the first 3 of those 26 weeks...

Every other team seems to manage to get a game in those other 23 weeks, why should Wigan be singled out for special treatment? The rest of the league seems to complain whenever there is a perception that we get treated differently with anything else related to the sport...
Yes a bit of fairness needs to be given to us maybe so, but who cares, just wait untill the fixtures come out...PLEASE
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Bear posted:
just wait untill the fixtures come out...PLEASE
I'm happy with that. But then I didn't start the thread. Although if the issue were not raised now then it would be too late when the fixture list did get published and nothing had changed. Be pro-active, not re-active, that's what we're constantly being told, no point whinging when it's too late to change anything...

[hr]
Bear

Post by Bear »

And theres no point whining over the fixtures, its just stupid. Its like saying, were not having the grand final in october.
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
wigan pie man

Post by wigan pie man »

Fraggle posted:
wigan pie man posted:
You have missed the point entirely.

No-one has said it's not ok for Wigan fans to go in February. Infact, I have no problem with the February fixture if we also get a 2nd trip later in the year. All Wigan's visits to France have been at the start of the season and at no other time of the year. All the other clubs have had the chance to go at the other times of the year. That is unfair on the fans who pay a lot of money to watch those fixtures, and particularly unfair given the lower flight prices later in the summer AFTER Wigan have played in France.

All the clubs should be in the mix to play there early in the season. All the clubs should also be in the mix to play there mid-season. From the evidence of the first two seasons, that is NOT the case.

No-one is talking of preferential treatment for the fans, we are talking about EQUAL treatment for the fans, because this affects we the fans more than anyone else. If you're happy paying more to go to France than the fans of every other club, then that's up to you.
i havnt missed the point.
ive addressed the point.
the point being that the topic starter was moaning about playing em in february.

where would you like to go in february?
mild catalonia, or freezing your cods off at odsal??

theres a simple answer to all this.........if you dont want to go in february, stay at home.
im sure if the rugby league saw attendances drop dramatically then they might have a rethink....but i doubt any letter writing will as long as folk are willing to attend in february.
WIGAN PIE MAN ......SPONSORED BY MECCA BINGO
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Right I started the thread, so here's my opinion.
When Catalan joined SL, they requested Wigan for 1st game of the season, so don't talk twaddle about computer generated fixtures.
I was merely stating that as one of the best supported clubs in SL, that it would be nice if the fans had a chance to visit the south of France in fairer climates.
It's my choice whether I go or not, but if it is Feb (again), then a week in the South of France is off the agenda.
I'm sure if it was around May time, they could be heading for one of the biggest attendances of their season, as I'm sure more fans would be prepared to make the trip a mini holiday.

I'm not disputing that this is a sport, but what has that got to do with asking the RFL to give the fans a chance to enjoy a great time in sunnier climes.
Anyway, lets wait until the fixtures are generated and then see how many of you whinge when we get 4 away games on the trot :wink:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
cbinder

Post by cbinder »

you are right a to b catalans have asked can they have wigan at home for the first game of both seasons and people are trying to tell you the computer worked that out both seasons they are talking rubbish
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

The only reason catalans would like such a fixture for their first game is that Wigan DO bring the most fans with them, whether it be to Salford, Hull KR or France. hey want a massive gate to promote the game down there against the best away support and most successful/ biggest name in RL.

Surely they can expect a large gate April > July in sunnier climes and longer for wigan fans to plan their trips... and not 2 or so months to panic finding a hotel/ flight/ transfer/ wigan plane.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame