Carvel for Wigan

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shawxshark

Re: Carvel for Wigan

Post by shawxshark »

Cruncher posted:
lancaster077 posted:
I have also heard the rumours that Sharp is not very well liked.Rumored that Brisco didnt get on with him one little bit and look what happened with him.
Ask any Aussie fan. They'll tell you that Sharp is regarded as a complete idiot in NRL circles.
i'm good friends of danny brough and he says sharp was a complete to$$#r. thats the reason he left.
one min he kicks them the challenge cup the next he's out the door. but glad to see he is back where he belongs
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Fraggle posted:
lancaster077 posted:
We all thought Chev Walker was a cert 100%
Actually, I don't know where that started from. It was one of those "my mate has seen so-and-so go to the stadium" type threads, that doesn't necessarily indicate it was a strong rumour or almost certainty.

There are never any reliable sources for these things so half the time they may well be just pub talk and idle gossip with the player really not being even in conversation with the club.

I don't take any of these rumours seriously, which is why I'm less bothered about the lack of news than some other people. I've had too many years of "I've heard from my brother's mate's uncle's sister's schoolteacher's granny's dog that we're signing player x..."
Probably me. I posted as much after Nobby told me personally that Walker was signed. Wouldn't you take that as 100%? :(
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Fraggle posted:
lancaster077 posted:
We all thought Chev Walker was a cert 100%
Actually, I don't know where that started from. It was one of those "my mate has seen so-and-so go to the stadium" type threads, that doesn't necessarily indicate it was a strong rumour or almost certainty.

There are never any reliable sources for these things so half the time they may well be just pub talk and idle gossip with the player really not being even in conversation with the club.

I don't take any of these rumours seriously, which is why I'm less bothered about the lack of news than some other people. I've had too many years of "I've heard from my brother's mate's uncle's sister's schoolteacher's granny's dog that we're signing player x..."
Probably me. I posted as much after Nobby told me personally that Walker was signed. Wouldn't you take that as 100%? :(
Sorry Jimmy, it had been a while and I'd forgotten the origins on the source. I've also heard things over the years directly from coaches that somehow didn't come off. It still pains me to think how close we were to having Leslie Vainokolo at Wigan instead of going to Bradford, for example...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

jinkin jimmy posted:

I heard the same thing from my club contact. I think phrases like "**** has signed" and "**** is in the bag" are true in the sense that verbal agreements had been made, but stalled at the final last % of the done deal because of agent/owner wranglings.

If the club hadn't been going through a process of being sold, Walker would have been with us.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

shawxshark posted:
thomo posted:
Have been saying for a coupl of weeks the Kirkidas would be a great signing - big strong tough go forward type of player - but he is 'rumour has it' all set to sign for Cas.
Get in there and make him a better offer.
As for Carvell - would love him here, go get him signed - rumours have been on going since he was spotted at a game near the end of the regualar season.
By having these two in we could have four front line props and a big lad in Coley in the second row.
Things are looking up - so hope its true
i'm from dewsbury and my missus works with is sister in law and she's from wakefield.. so cas could be an option for him. i hope its not true and he does sign for us
I was born in Dewsbury mate, Lived in Batley on Grange Rd (just over Shawcross fields) til I was 5 then moved up the Rd to Morley.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

WxmWarrior

Post by WxmWarrior »

korkidas if you get in him early enough he goes hiding,
:eusa2: :eusa2:

I'd have Richard Moore over Korky any day...
"[img]http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7545 ... orsxt9.jpg[/img]"

"...try the veal, I'm here all week.."

thomo

Post by thomo »

I would have lots of players before Korkidas as well but he is currently out of contract and looking for a club and he is availalbe - not first choice for the dream team but was he not in the top three metre gainers of 2007 season.

Just give me two big strong decent tough experience props that have go forward and can smash holes in defences - any two props will do
thomo

Post by thomo »

I would love carvell and peacock and would take either (even more both) of them tomorrow but neither is currently avialable and are both under contract for next season and Peacock would demand a large salary.
I was thinking Korkidas is better then what we have got (Presscott and O'Carroll are just developing, too young and not big enough for front line props at the moment).
As I have put in previous posts - a front four of Feka, Fielden, Carvell and Korkidas would be nice with Coley playing in the second row.
Are there are other props out there that are off contract at the end of the season or that clubs will release?
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

I was born in Dewsbury mate, Lived in Batley on Grange Rd (just over Shawcross fields) til I was 5 then moved up the Rd to Morley. [/quote]

do you still live in morley then pal.

i'm playing ince rosebridge tommorow does any one know anything about them this season. they came up last year but have only won 2 this time round?? :doz:
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

shawxshark posted:
I was born in Dewsbury mate, Lived in Batley on Grange Rd (just over Shawcross fields) til I was 5 then moved up the Rd to Morley.
do you still live in morley then pal.

i'm playing ince rosebridge tommorow does any one know anything about them this season. they came up last year but have only won 2 this time round?? :doz: [/quote]

No I moved to hull a couple of years ago but lived in morley most of my life
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."