Carvel for Wigan

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
gpartin

Re: Carvel for Wigan

Post by gpartin »

HULL?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

nitsua posted:
ddtftf posted:
I was asked to be a director of the old Central Park & I am a personal friend of Jack Robinson, I own a commercial fishery, & many of the players come here including the junior coaches and the staff from the JJB.I knew that David Hodgson was going to Huddersfield because he told me himself that he had recieved better terms & he had to do what was right for his family, although he said he would have loved to have returned to Wigan.I am not always right, but the info I get is usually good, and not from a friend of a friend. As we know things change at the last minute as with the signing of King who on the last minute went to Warrington, but my info was that Wigan just stopped ringing his agent. ( I think it became a Dutch Auction).

"I was asked to be a director of the old Central Park & I am a personal friend of Jack Robinson". Thank God you are not a Wigan director; descretion is not one of your stronger points.
Hang on a minute. The poster was replying to someone asking the obvious and often asked question when people claim to have some inside info which is basically "Why should we believe you?"

This is the first reply I have seen where such a "source" has volunteered any such information. We can't have it both ways where either we complain if the answer is "can't say" but then when someone tries to quality their info we say its indiscreet.

Could all be made up of course but the proof will be in the accuracy of the information.

Dave
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

If he is the owner of the fishing waters that I think ,
I can confirm that he does know Hodgeson quite well as he fishes their regular with his son so this in some part sounds truthful to me , as for the carvell bit Ihope he is spot on .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

lucky 13 posted:
If he is the owner of the fishing waters that I think ,
I can confirm that he does know Hodgeson quite well as he fishes their regular with his son so this in some part sounds truthful to me , as for the carvell bit Ihope he is spot on .
I hope so
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I was not afraid to confirm my involvement in the club to reply to the questions asked. If you knew how much of his own money Mr Robinson lost in the club you might be proud to know him as I am. It looks like when you come out in the open as to the source of information, you leave yourself open to be shafted, which is sad as most people on this site are genuine supporters who are giving info to keep this site exiting to read. If you think being a director of our club is a great job, think again. You are open to a great deal of abuse & anger from fans at times, and all because you are prepared to put your money where your mouth is.
thomo

Post by thomo »

Have been saying for a coupl of weeks the Kirkidas would be a great signing - big strong tough go forward type of player - but he is 'rumour has it' all set to sign for Cas.
Get in there and make him a better offer.
As for Carvell - would love him here, go get him signed - rumours have been on going since he was spotted at a game near the end of the regualar season.
By having these two in we could have four front line props and a big lad in Coley in the second row.
Things are looking up - so hope its true
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

You seem very genuine i just hope what you are saying turns out to be true.This club has been crying out for at least 2 decent props for ages and for you to mention Carvell being a possibility its good news for Wigan and its fans.

It also will do wonders for Carvell and a possible regular G.B place by being coached by no other than an ex GB coach.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

The fishery in Haigh by any chance?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

ancientnloyal posted:
The fishery in Haigh by any chance?
no the clue is in the last 3 letters of his user name :wink:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

In today's edition of one of Hull's dailies (the Hull Daily Mail, I think), Carvell categorically denies that he's leaving Hull and says that he'll be with them for years to come.