Carvel for Wigan

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ddtftf

Re: Carvel for Wigan

Post by ddtftf »

I remember when Bradford said the same about Fielden leaving, saying he had 2 yrs to run on his contract, isnt it wonderfull how we can rely on our daily papers. "Wigan sign King on 3yr contract" Wigan Evening Post, then went to Warrington.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Lucky 13 do you also do cross words? I will ask Hodgson if any truth in Mark Smith rumour, they are good mates. I have a feeling all the players are on the 14 day bender they go on after the season ends, but may be Sally will know.
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

ddtftf posted:
I remember when Bradford said the same about Fielden leaving, saying he had 2 yrs to run on his contract, isnt it wonderfull how we can rely on our daily papers. "Wigan sign King on 3yr contract" Wigan Evening Post, then went to Warrington.
I don't recall Bradford's papers or Wigan's papers carring extensive quotes from the two players concerned confirming the stories. Unfortunately, the Hull Daily Mail does.

I hope you're right. But I doubt it.
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

I've heard similar whispers filtering out of the club RE Carvell. I agree with the consensus opinion he would be a good buy.

My only caveat is that he's currently out with a bulging disc in his neck and that's not a good injury to manage. Bad backs have a habit of never quite resolving. Buyer beware.
cbinder

Post by cbinder »

ddtftf posted:
Lucky 13 do you also do cross words? I will ask Hodgson if any truth in Mark Smith rumour, they are good mates. I have a feeling all the players are on the 14 day bender they go on after the season ends, but may be Sally will know.
mark has been on to wiagn asking would they have him talk een told from my contact
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

ddtftf posted:
No but I have met you a couple of times , at your fishery and had a good chat , I fish rivers mainly but have spent the odd day at your fisheries (which I'm really jealous of what a fantastic and beautiful place to live) you seem a good bloke and I am willing to believe you have had this information given to you whether it happens or not . :cool:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

lucky 13 posted:
ddtftf posted:
No but I have met you a couple of times , at your fishery and had a good chat , I fish rivers mainly but have spent the odd day at your fisheries (which I'm really jealous of what a fantastic and beautiful place to live) you seem a good bloke and I am willing to believe you have had this information given to you whether it happens or not . :cool:
I only post what I have been told in good faith otherwise no one can believe your credibility, I have spoken to my sons fishing friend that you know, and he says he will ask Lockers tomorow at GB camp for the true story and ring me tomorow night, I will post my info tomorow.Ps the job is 7 days a week 15hrs a day but I have made some great friends here.
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

It goes to show its not what you know its who you know, knowledge is power.
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

According to Wikipedia on the Hull fc page that Gareth Carvell now plays for the Wigan Warriors.
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

thomo posted:
Have been saying for a coupl of weeks the Kirkidas would be a great signing - big strong tough go forward type of player - but he is 'rumour has it' all set to sign for Cas.
Get in there and make him a better offer.
As for Carvell - would love him here, go get him signed - rumours have been on going since he was spotted at a game near the end of the regualar season.
By having these two in we could have four front line props and a big lad in Coley in the second row.
Things are looking up - so hope its true
i'm from dewsbury and my missus works with is sister in law and she's from wakefield.. so cas could be an option for him. i hope its not true and he does sign for us