Carvel for Wigan

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Carvel for Wigan

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Cruncher posted:
In today's edition of one of Hull's dailies (the Hull Daily Mail, I think), Carvell categorically denies that he's leaving Hull and says that he'll be with them for years to come.
I have never done this connection mallarcy but the digits are
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 084194.stm
Can anyone do owt with that, as is says what Carvell is really doing.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Panchitta Marra posted:
Cruncher posted:
In today's edition of one of Hull's dailies (the Hull Daily Mail, I think), Carvell categorically denies that he's leaving Hull and says that he'll be with them for years to come.
Fixed the link for you, but yes, that's another one off the list.

Saying that, perhaps we should have a sticky on this part of the site for the future which lists ALL the people we're linked with, when the rumour appeared, who started it and when it was found to be false... (or the very rare occasion when there is some truth!)
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Fraggle posted:
Panchitta Marra posted:
Cruncher posted:
Fixed the link for you, but yes, that's another one off the list.

Saying that, perhaps we should have a sticky on this part of the site for the future which lists ALL the people we're linked with, when the rumour appeared, who started it and when it was found to be false... (or the very rare occasion when there is some truth!)
Nice one fraggle, I am lost on these tchnical things.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

So who the hell are we signing? The way this club is run makes me puke! GIVE US SOME BLOODY INFO!!!! :angry:
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

All these rumours are starting to get on my t*ts.

In the end the players that are strongly linked go to other clubs or sign new contracts and its crap.

We all thought Chev Walker was a cert 100%
now Carvell, And nothing has materialised.

Now Cooper is a strong link on many fronts including papers and even my mate in Australia is saying so but im not holding my breath anymore and im just going to say bo**ocks and nobody is linked.

So the next thred to link us with a player my response will be such.

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

lancaster077 posted:
We all thought Chev Walker was a cert 100%
Actually, I don't know where that started from. It was one of those "my mate has seen so-and-so go to the stadium" type threads, that doesn't necessarily indicate it was a strong rumour or almost certainty.

There are never any reliable sources for these things so half the time they may well be just pub talk and idle gossip with the player really not being even in conversation with the club.

I don't take any of these rumours seriously, which is why I'm less bothered about the lack of news than some other people. I've had too many years of "I've heard from my brother's mate's uncle's sister's schoolteacher's granny's dog that we're signing player x..."
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
demt82

Post by demt82 »

nitsua posted:
ddtftf posted:
I was asked to be a director of the old Central Park & I am a personal friend of Jack Robinson, I own a commercial fishery, & many of the players come here including the junior coaches and the staff from the JJB.I knew that David Hodgson was going to Huddersfield because he told me himself that he had recieved better terms & he had to do what was right for his family, although he said he would have loved to have returned to Wigan.I am not always right, but the info I get is usually good, and not from a friend of a friend. As we know things change at the last minute as with the signing of King who on the last minute went to Warrington, but my info was that Wigan just stopped ringing his agent. ( I think it became a Dutch Auction).

"I was asked to be a director of the old Central Park & I am a personal friend of Jack Robinson". Thank God you are not a Wigan director; descretion is not one of your stronger points.

Carvel to Wigan on WIK Hull site listed as going to Wigan ohhhhhhhhhhh
Doctor of medicine.(MBcHB)
You will be asleep soon.
Its only a little prick!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Panchitta Marra posted:
Cruncher posted:
Read what it says!!!

Dated 15th June 2006!!!! Signed two year contract until end of 2008 season. It was not a recent extension, neither does it dispel the rumoured unhappiness, from some players, concerning Peter Sharp coaching/man management.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

I have also heard the rumours that Sharp is not very well liked.Rumored that Brisco didnt get on with him one little bit and look what happened with him.
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

lancaster077 posted:
I have also heard the rumours that Sharp is not very well liked.Rumored that Brisco didnt get on with him one little bit and look what happened with him.
Ask any Aussie fan. They'll tell you that Sharp is regarded as a complete idiot in NRL circles.