Mark Smith and Matt Cooper.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
medlocke

Re: Mark Smith and Matt Cooper...

Post by medlocke »

lancaster077 posted:
There is a strong,strong rumour that Wigan once the slow process of the takeover is complete are after Matt Cooper a quality center who plays in Australia.

The stumbling block, His wages.This is from my friend in Australia who is a St George fan, The vibes surrounding him are the same when Trent Barrett came to us.He is convinced and adament that Wigan are in talks with him.

As for Mark Smith this is another player strongly linked with us and he is also in talks once the takeover is complete, I belive he is a decent Hooker that we can fit under the salary cap and i think he played in our youth teams.
OR have you just been reading Dave 'Nosey' Parker in League Weekly :sly: :lol:
bob217

Re: Mark Smith and Matt Co...

Post by bob217 »

CAMERON smith the aus captain.and you said you dont think much of matt cooper hes the second or third best centre in the world
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

lancaster077 posted:
No its the Mark Smith who plays for Widnes position is hooker i belive.
In that case, no way! He was at the club for about 5 years (roughly 2000 - 2004 I think) and never made much of an impact. Fair enough, he was mostly competing with Terry Newton (and generally only played when Terry was banned - again!).

He was let go as part of the mass exodus in 2004 that also saw O'Connor, Connolly, Hodgson, Johnson, Lam, Pongia, Robinson, Craig Smith and Cassidy all leave.

Decent player at NL1 level, but not for SL.
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

gpartin posted:
lancaster077 posted:
Talk about Irony just bought The League Weekly newspaper and both players ive mentioned have both been linked with Wigan.

So my sources must be true.
Or they got a copy before you :)

I got told yesterday but it doesnt matter now because its in the paper.Makes me look like a paper quoter now.Talk about irony. :conf:
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

If the cooper part of the story is rite I could cope with smith coming , Cooper is big strong fast good hands a good defense one of the best centers in RL with the Barrett connection you never Know if he comes very very good :roll:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

GeoffN posted:
lancaster077 posted:
No its the Mark Smith who plays for Widnes position is hooker i belive.
In that case, no way! He was at the club for about 5 years (roughly 2000 - 2004 I think) and never made much of an impact. Fair enough, he was mostly competing with Terry Newton (and generally only played when Terry was banned - again!).

He was let go as part of the mass exodus in 2004 that also saw O'Connor, Connolly, Hodgson, Johnson, Lam, Pongia, Robinson, Craig Smith and Cassidy all leave.

Decent player at NL1 level, but not for SL.
I think he'd do a decent job for the likes of Harlequins, but I can't see him coming back to Wigan if only because the club messed him around with short-term contracts in the past when he wanted something a bit more substantial (not unreasonable given we were handing out multi-year old deals to the likes of Orr and DV).

Saying that, he's Wigan through and through and never gave less than 100%. A bit more reliable than Newton, if not as good a player, but he's now got captaincy experience as well. I always liked Mark Smith, but he's not going to dislodge Higham as number one at Wigan and I can't see him agreeing to be number 2 hooker again.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

regards smith i cant see where he fits into nobles plans? but hey if noble says he wants the lad and we can fit him under the salary cap what the hell.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart