Matt Cooper for Wigan?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
jimofwigan

Re: Matt Cooper for Wigan?

Post by jimofwigan »

Nine posted:
That's the rumour from the Wigan Evening Post today:
Wigan are ready to launch an ambitious rebuilding programme for next season.
With Ian Lenagan's new management team poised to take charge at the JJB Stadium, a high-profile Australian target has emerged.
Warriors are being linked with a move for St George-Illawarra Dragons centre Matt Cooper, a former team-mate of Trent Barrett in the NRL.
And as Barrett jetted back home for a holiday at the weekend, pundits are putting two and two together.
Warriors need a new centre to replace the departing David Vaealiki who is set to switch codes by joining French club Albi next year.
His departure, added to the loss of Chris Ashton which brought about the successful switch of Pat Richards to full-back, has left Wigan short-handed along the threequarter line.

Cooper, 28, who has played State of Origin rugby for New South Wales and for the Kangaroos at Test level, has a year left on his current contract at Dragons.
But sources Down Under suggest he fancies a stint in England, and that Wigan could well be his destination.
And it is believed a recommendation from Barrett could play a major role in clinching the deal.
Not unlike Barrett, Cooper has been a one-club man since 2000, making 141 appearances and scored 79 tries for Dragons.
Cooper is believed to be one of a number of possible new recruits for 2008 campaign
Last season he had 12 tries in 18 appearances for the Dragons, he's 6ft 2ins and just over 15 stone and he looks like this:

Is he related to Tommy Cooper?
pedro

Post by pedro »

- psycho - posted:
pedro posted:
Hes no good
obviously not.....
Surely you dont think Mark Smith is a step forward
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

centre ,prop or full back we need to strenghen or waekest areas . not mark smith noooooooooooo
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

pedro posted:
- psycho - posted:
pedro posted:
Hes no good
obviously not.....
Surely you dont think Mark Smith is a step forward
thought you meant matt cooper :blush: my apologies, i will put away the whtie van people's phone number now :lol:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Strongest rumour yet regarding Cooper.
He's denied even being contacted by Wigan (according to ttxt), therefore, we've probably signed him :) :conf:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

FROM A TO B posted:
Strongest rumour yet regarding Cooper.
He's denied even being contacted by Wigan (according to ttxt), therefore, we've probably signed him :) :conf:
Why? Is he injured? :D
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Well the star thinks we'll have cooper and mthers for next season

not heard anything about mathers . cooper i've been told will be a wigan player next season. not building my hopes up but its come from a current player. hope its true :eusa10:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Hawkeye posted:

not heard anything about mathers . cooper i've been told will be a wigan player next season. not building my hopes up but its come from a current player. hope its true :eusa10:
Hope you know a different current player than the ones that everyone else claims to know, the current players that obviouslly know naff all :wink: :lol:
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

medlocke posted:
Hawkeye posted:

Hope you know a different current player than the ones that everyone else claims to know, the current players that obviouslly know naff all :wink: :lol:
He might be right! This former player "could" become one of the ever increasing backroom staff.

:eh:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Morton Warrior

Post by Morton Warrior »

Just seen this on the News Now site

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/240021052?-4338

It seems that we obviously are in contact when players start to come out and back their player to stay at least for this season.