Matt Cooper for Wigan?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Matt Cooper for Wigan?

Post by Mike »

lancaster077 posted:
Well tell me who is good enough currently avalable with league experiance.It seems nobody is good enough for Wigan anymore IMO Mark Smith did a decent job when Terry Newton was injured/Suspended as did John Clarke when he played for a short time.

We were much critasised for letting quality youngsters go, Now one might return a better player with captancy experiance and he is maligned we cant fill our team full of so called Superstars.
You didn't remember who he was a few posts ago - how can you remember whether he did a good job or not?

Regardless of the pros and cons of Smith, we've already got 2 hookers, we don't need another!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Does anyone think this 'hooker' business and talk of, is due to Lueluia's recent move to Hooker for the forthcoming matches?

Higham
McIlorum
New U21/18 slot (possibly)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

Mike posted:
lancaster077 posted:
Well tell me who is good enough currently avalable with league experiance.It seems nobody is good enough for Wigan anymore IMO Mark Smith did a decent job when Terry Newton was injured/Suspended as did John Clarke when he played for a short time.

We were much critasised for letting quality youngsters go, Now one might return a better player, with captancy experiance and he is maligned we cant fill our team full of so called Superstars.
You didn't remember who he was a few posts ago - how can you remember whether he did a good job or not?

Regardless of the pros and cons of Smith, we've already got 2 hookers, we don't need another!

Who doesnt remember who Mark Smith is? He left in 2004 because we couldent fit him under our salary cap,Understoody to Terry Newton,played around 120 odd games for us mainly from the bench, did a good job.

2 hookers at a club is not enough as there is no competition for places.Especially when one that needs to be brought in gradually like Goulding.

Anybody noticed Millards form after he come back from being frozen out by Mclorum, There was more control around the ruck.And did anybody notice Roby at the JJB?, I didnt because Millard had him in his pocket.
His determination to stay in the side and proove his worth benefitted Wigan did it not?, Or am i watching a different game altogether?

Competition for places is a must and 2 hookers is not enough for such an important position, Especially when we can have 2 decent hookers on the cheap.(Smith, Mclorum)

And for the people who think certain players are NOT GOOD ENOUGH for Wigan need to get there head out of there ar*e because i can see nobody wanting to play for us THIS SEASON with this attitude and vibe coming from the fans.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

lancaster077 posted:
Who doesnt remember who Mark Smith is? He left in 2004 because we couldent fit him under our salary cap,Understoody to Terry Newton,played around 120 odd games for us mainly from the bench, did a good job.

2 hookers at a club is not enough as there is no competition for places.Especially when one that needs to be brought in gradually like Goulding.

Anybody noticed Millards form after he come back from being frozen out by Mclorum, There was more control around the ruck.And did anybody notice Roby at the JJB?, I didnt because Millard had him in his pocket.
His determination to stay in the side and proove his worth benefitted Wigan did it not?, Or am i watching a different game altogether?

Competition for places is a must and 2 hookers is not enough for such an important position, Especially when we can have 2 decent hookers on the cheap.(Smith, Mclorum)

And for the people who think certain players are NOT GOOD ENOUGH for Wigan need to get there head out of there ar*e because i can see nobody wanting to play for us THIS SEASON with this attitude and vibe coming from the fans.
I would hope, we would sign players for positions we actually have little (if any) experience/quality for first, then strengthen competition for other places within the squad!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

lancaster077 posted:
We were much critasised for letting quality youngsters go,
Unfounded IMO. Most of not all were not good enough. The only player to come back and haunt is is Long who was let go years ago.
2 hookers at a club is not enough as there is no competition for places.
It is more than enough when you have a salary cap and that inconvenient 20/25 rule. If Smith came he'd want more than £25K a year and that takes up a 20/25 slot. Two 20/25 slots (assuming McIllorum isn't a 20/25 player) is too many to use on the hooking position.

Also Saints don't seem to need a third hooker to keep KFC and Roby on their toes so why should we?
He isn't better than Higham and I doubt he wants to come here to play in the U21's while McIllorum is the regular second hooker on the bench (which he needs to be).

Smith coming here would be detrimental to McIllorum's progression and if you are concerned about us losing young players why bring back Smith who plays in a position our best young prospect of 2007 occupies?

It might well lead to McIllorum leaving at the end of next season if he does not get his chances in 2008.

If Millard retires (please) then McIllorm is the replacement and if we employ another hooker it will be me who is complaining we sign players rather than use our own juniors and the player I will be complaining about in this regard will be Smith.

Dave
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

lancaster077 posted:
Who doesnt remember who Mark Smith is?
From: http://www.wigan-warriors.com/cgi-bin/w ... ject385182
On 15th Oct lancaster077 posted:
As for Mark Smith this is another player strongly linked with us and he is also in talks once the takeover is complete, I belive he is a decent Hooker that we can fit under the salary cap and i think he played in our youth teams.
That's a fairly vague memory of a player that was in the Wigan first team for 5 seasons if you ask me. No matter though - its not a memory competition.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

Wasnt sure if it was THE Mark Smith of old i was told about, Thus the retorical post.

My brain worked like this....

prosessing.....Is it the same Mark Smith????
prossesing again...... Did he come tru the youth system????or was he bought like Danny Tickle but people assumed he was brought tru the youth team.

Type: I think its the same player who played in our youth team.

Confirmation: It is the same player hence the response.

And i still belive he would do a decent job for us by the way.
:D :D
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

My dads mate is friends with marks dad and he told him months ago that wigan and leeds wanted talks with him.

Not heard anything since but that came from his dad.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Hes no good
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

pedro posted:
Hes no good
obviously not.....
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------