Any coincidence?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
jinkin jimmy

Re: Any coincidence?

Post by jinkin jimmy »

DaveO posted:
pieater-alex posted:
Bear posted: Now we have cleared that up, why do you put Dave at the end of the posts you do :lol: We now who they are from
I've been wanting to ask that for a while , why do you actually do this Dave?
1. Habit from Usenet days many moons ago. Just considered polite to sign your posts and my user name wasn't made up of my first name.

2. It annoys Jinkin Jimmy :wink: :lol:

Dave
You've got a good memory!! However, I'm used to your foibles by now. :roll:

On topic I wouldn't rule anything out. I don't like Nobby's "mushroom" comment. Sounds to me as if he is unhappy. Also I heard recently of someone being advised not to apply for a job at the club because we are in turmoil and Noble will be leaving May/June next year!! :doz:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

DaveO posted:

Dave
Excellent and sufficient reason. :cool:

Geoff.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Im with you Geoff

Derrick
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

jinkin jimmy posted:
DaveO posted:
pieater-alex posted: I've been wanting to ask that for a while , why do you actually do this Dave?
1. Habit from Usenet days many moons ago. Just considered polite to sign your posts and my user name wasn't made up of my first name.

Dave
You've got a good memory!! However, I'm used to your foibles by now. :roll:

On topic I wouldn't rule anything out. I don't like Nobby's "mushroom" comment. Sounds to me as if he is unhappy. Also I heard recently of someone being advised not to apply for a job at the club because we are in turmoil and Noble will be leaving May/June next year!! :doz:
Odd, considering the story I was told. Which was that, a couple of months back, Noble was definitely leaving - he only had to make up his mind between the Leeds job or the Warrington job. But then he was informed that DW was selling up and ML retiring, and, after enquiring who the new owner would be, he decided to stay.

I suspect the 'mushroom in the dark' quote refers to the unexpectedly long time the take-over has gone on far (and the club inactivity that's resulted). Though, in retrospect, none of us should really have been surprised by this; Whelan was always likely to milk this transition of ownership for every unreasonable penny he could.

But to be honest, even if Noble does decide he's leaving in the middle of next season (which I can't see any chairman agreeing to - surely it'd be a case of "No, go now and give us a chance to get someone else in before the season starts"), I think we've got past the stage where we should be worried about it.

Noble's a great coach and has done lots of good things for us, but his record at Wigan has hardly been flawless, and, at the end of the day, I'm getting sick of hearng 'Noble wants to leave' rumours. One of these crops up, on average, every couple of months, and it's doing naff all for my personal equilibrium, so Heaven knows what it's doing to the players.

If Noble himself is the source of these stories, then someone ought to call his bluff. No-one is indispensible.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

If Noble is the source of these 'im leaving' stories then that is unprofessional.

in my opinion I doubt Noble will threaten to walk out on wigan mid-way through a season (some 6-7 months away). Why would he do such a thing? He hasn't worked with Lenagan yet (as far as we know) and with a fresh new era at the club dawning why dismiss the chance of getting wigan back on the trophy trail? 2008 is going to be a great year for Wigan... Noble knows it, the senior players should know it, the fans expect it. He wont walk away and miss the opportunity of expanding his already great personal coaching record.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
Fujiman posted:
Does anyone think there may be a link between Rea standing down at Quins and our takeover? The takeover hasn't been announced and after Nobbys "mushroom" quote could there be something in this?I don't think there is and haven't heard anything but was just wondering what anyone else thought
And now look what you have started AGAIN!!
Ooooppppssss :lol:
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

here's another one for you nobby stays and rea takes over as his assitant and phil veviers gets the whiteheaven coaching job? :)
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
Hey, I think I'd like to take some credit for this particular rumour, thank you very much:-

Fujiman posted on Wed, 17 Oct 2007 at 12:55 in (this thread)
Does anyone think there may be a link between Rea standing down at Quins and our takeover? The takeover hasn't been announced and after Nobbys "mushroom" quote could there be something in this?I don't think there is and haven't heard anything but was just wondering what anyone else thought
I posted on Tue, 16 Oct 2007 at 14:38 in "Wigan Signings" thread on the Warriors bit of the message board...(so the previous day!)[/b]
I suppose one to add to the rumour mill, but given that Tony Rea has stood down at London to go back into coaching, and our supposed-new-owner will probably have to hand over ownership of London but still seems to get on very well with Rea, if Nobby's face doesn't fit with the new management then maybe Rea comes in as coach of Wigan next year...?
I've never started a rumour before, please let me have my moment... :lol:
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Fraggle posted:
Nobby`s Girl posted:
Hey, I think I'd like to take some credit for this particular rumour, thank you very much:-

Fujiman posted on Wed, 17 Oct 2007 at 12:55 in (this thread)
I posted on Tue, 16 Oct 2007 at 14:38 in "Wigan Signings" thread on the Warriors bit of the message board...(so the previous day!)[/b]
I suppose one to add to the rumour mill, but given that Tony Rea has stood down at London to go back into coaching, and our supposed-new-owner will probably have to hand over ownership of London but still seems to get on very well with Rea, if Nobby's face doesn't fit with the new management then maybe Rea comes in as coach of Wigan next year...?
I've never started a rumour before, please let me have my moment... :lol:
Sorry Fraggle it doesn't count because it wasn't in the Rumour section :lol:
ince warrior

Post by ince warrior »

ancientnloyal posted:
If Noble is the source of these 'im leaving' stories then that is unprofessional.

in my opinion I doubt Noble will threaten to walk out on wigan mid-way through a season (some 6-7 months away). Why would he do such a thing? He hasn't worked with Lenagan yet (as far as we know) and with a fresh new era at the club dawning why dismiss the chance of getting wigan back on the trophy trail? 2008 is going to be a great year for Wigan... Noble knows it, the senior players should know it, the fans expect it. He wont walk away and miss the opportunity of expanding his already great personal coaching record.
He walked out on Bradford midway during last season to join us, and he was there a lot longer than he has been here. Who's to say he hasnt found it difficult settling in or just doesnt like it?

Adam.
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGAN!!!

WRLFC & SCFC FOR LIFE!!!

WE HATE LATICS, SAINTS, MACCLESFIELD, BURNLEY, CITY, LEEDS, WIRE AND WREXHAM!!!!