Any Skynyrd fans out there

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
medlocke

Any Skynyrd fans out there

Post by medlocke »

Seeing as its the 30th anniversary of the plane crash that took the lives of Ronnie Van Zant, Steve Gaines & Cassie gaines (not to mention Dean Kilpatrick and the 2 pilots), was wondering if anyone will be doing anything Lynyrd Skynyrd related today, have been listening to SKynyrd since 8am and will be taking a break for the match then it's 3 concert DVD's and a couple of Bud's for the evening
Panchitta Marra

Re: Any Skynyrd fans out there

Post by Panchitta Marra »

medlocke posted:
Seeing as its the 30th anniversary of the plane crash that took the lives of Ronnie Van Zant, Steve Gaines & Cassie gaines (not to mention Dean Kilpatrick and the 2 pilots), was wondering if anyone will be doing anything Lynyrd Skynyrd related today, have been listening to SKynyrd since 8am and will be taking a break for the match then it's 3 concert DVD's and a couple of Bud's for the evening
Just watched 'Vicious cycle Tour' for the first time tonight, seeing 'Travlin Man' put a lump in my throat. It is going on again from the start right now. Uncanny listening to John VZ, when he first started singing, sadly, after the death of Ronnie, and how much he has improved, as in this album. Who would have believed it, a plane that ran out of fuel, what a fuxxxng waste of life. You are going to make me bubble with posts like this buddy.
There's only one Lynyrd Skynyrd, one Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Panchitta Marra

medlocke posted:
Pre or post 1977, for you Medlocke?
Must admit, I like the Indian, your namesake, best lead out the whole bunch.
Panchitta Marra

Simple Man, just come on, another Loss, Leon Wilkison.
medlocke

Re: Any Skynyrd fans out t...

Post by medlocke »

Pre 77 all the way for me,though the newer incarnations were cool, VC DVD is awesome, have owned it since it came out and have watched it 30 or 40 times favourit track of there would be "Pick em up" a to me that song sounds like it could have come from Street Survivors era, the duelling guitars of Rickey Medlocke and the late Hughie Thommerson (died a few week back) is as good as Collins & Gaines, always wonder what would have happened if Ronnie and Steve had not died, IKO they would have become alot bigger than they where, also wonder what they would have been like if Rickey Medlocke had continued his career as a drummer with the band rather than leaving to form Blackfoot, if only Aerosmith had hired that plane, maybe it would have never crashed.

P.S do you also think Carol Chase is Hot like fire :wink:
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

i thought this group was still alive :( :(

sweet home alabama is one of my favourite songs ever.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

- psycho - posted:
i thought this group was still alive :( :(

sweet home alabama is one of my favourite songs ever.
They are still around, 3 of the band were killed in the crash, the surviving members appeared in several bands with each other during late 70's to mid 80's (Alias, Rossington Collins Band, Allen Collins Band) before they reformed in 87 with Ronnies younger brother Johnny and Ed King (former guiterist) Randall Hall who replaced Allen Collins due to him being paralysed after a car crash, the band has been together since then. I often wonder if they could have been bigger if Ronnies other brother Donnie had left 38 Special and joined them, IMO Donnie has a better set of pipes than Johnny
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

i like free bird to :D

- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

alwaysremember free bird on one of the GTAs, could be san andreas, and i used to crank the volume up when it came on, awesome guitar rift at the end.

waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

i,m a skynyrd fan ,tues gone and sweet home A being my faves .like most of the rock bands of the seventies though a few of the american ones where very posey and more like heavy pop. have saw the scorpions,ufo and dio in the last couple of years and the cult where also excellent