dobbson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
mikey-warriors

dobbson

Post by mikey-warriors »

would you like michael dobbson back at wigan if we moved tommy l to hooker?
Perpignan 2009

remember remember the 21st of september wigan 31 - 30 bradford

mikey-warriors

Re: dobbson

Post by mikey-warriors »

ino but would you love dobbson back
Perpignan 2009

remember remember the 21st of september wigan 31 - 30 bradford

Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

mikey-warriors posted:
A more realistic proposal would be moving Tommy to stand-off, as Trent reportedly wants to play loose-forward.

But I doubt that'll happen as well.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

take dobbo back but play him at hooker and discard Millwards bud Higham who is not Wigan standard (like Lockers)
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Cruncher posted:
mikey-warriors posted:
A more realistic proposal would be moving Tommy to stand-off, as Trent reportedly wants to play loose-forward.

But I doubt that'll happen as well.
So do I because with Dobbo and Lulu in the half back slots we will have zero creativity once again at 6 & 7. Either Dobbo OR Lulu at scrum half will compliment Barrett at stand off.

That said I can see Barrett as a loose forward one day. Perhaps after his contract with us is up he oculd be persuaded to stay on a year as a 13 !!

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

medlocke posted:
take dobbo back but play him at hooker and discard Millwards bud Higham who is not Wigan standard (like Lockers)
Play a scrum half who as far as I know has never played at hooker at hooker instead of Higham? That is somewhat bizarre.

As to Higham and Lockers not being of Wigan standard all I can say to that is then in which case we only have only one payer of "Wigan standard" at the club and that is Barrett.

Those two players are easily of Wigan standard and you are looking in the wrong place for the ones who are not IMO.

Either player would be snapped up by out rivals and they have proved capable of mixing it with the best SL has to offer. Are they as good as players from the Hanley/Edwards era in their respective positions? Probably not but they are not that far behind that we should be saying ship one out to play Dobson out of position!

Dave

Bear

Post by Bear »

Dobbo Scrum half LULU Hooker end of story for me

Thats IF dobbo comes
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

If he did come Barrett to loose forward would be the one for me, it does not mean we wont see Barrett play the same kind of role as this season , he would not need to pack down at every scrum so I dont see a problem and it would allow lockers to play at second row which to me is his best position it would add cover to the halves so not to unhappy if this comes off Lulu to stay in the halves .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
Tommy wont be moving to Hooker so doesnt matter.
your always very quick to dismiss people's thoughts/opinions or even roumers....

he was only asking a genuin question! and you didn't seem to answer it there!

top tip mate who posted this - dont be offended easily on here by people rejecting your opinions/thoughts or roumers! it'l happen A LOT!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
mikey-warriors posted:
ino but would you love dobbson back
Your making me suspicious?? you`v started 2 posts asking our opinion on dobbo, if we would like him back. A little random ey?

hummm are you an insider? fishing for info?
and why would a club like wigan give 2 hoots whether or not the fans want to see a certain player in a cherry and white jersey?
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!