BRETT HODGSON

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
gpartin

Re: BRETT HODGSON

Post by gpartin »

God posted:
. The majority of our best players have come through our youth in recent times.

:eusa16:
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Kat

Post by Kat »

God posted:
Hodgeson is a step back in player development at Wigan IMO as was Millard And Withers.
I'd agree with Millard and Withers, but how can you say that Hodgson would be a step back, when we don't even have a good full-back in the reserves that's anywhere near close to breaking into the first team? :conf:
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

God posted:
I would thought waiting in the reserves for 2 years is just deserved for a first team place.And at one point he thought he would never play for Wigan and considered joining the army.

Hes not even classed as a youngster as hes now 23.He deserves his place on loyalty alone IMO.

Hodgeson is a step back in player development at Wigan IMO as was Millard And Withers. The majority of our best players have come through our youth in recent times.
If he deserved a place on loyalty alone I would be playing :roll:

The cold facts he may be loyal and I hope he goes on to play well but he does not strike me as a player who looks international quality as for instance Robinson did when he came through , if he is so good he would or will make a first team place his own , I see him at the moment as a good squad player hope he improves enough to prove me wrong .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

God posted:
Lockers
Hansen
Hock (Exept last season)
Ashton (Exept last season)
Radlinski
Steven Wild
Lee Gilmour
Paul Johnson
Andy Farrell
Dennis Betts

To name a few in the Super League era.

Not to mention the awful over seas players we have bought and i firmly belive that Hodgeson will be included in the bad overseas buys on high wages catagory.

I just hope we sign Cooper so Hodgeson wont turn up because of salary cap restraints.Now Cooper is WORLD class.

Think your list stretches back a bit :eh:

For the players you mention we have had as many good players from outside the club

going back to the players you mention we have had

Renouf
Craig Smith
Pongia
Lam
Carney
Fekka
Furner
Dallas
Richards
Barrett
Thats the same number and just as good if not better We as Wigan fans/Wiganers are proud of players coming through but some of our greats have come from outside the Town Boston Hanley for eg its when you then add them to players like Faz and Edwards that great teams take shape .
Colbon at this stage does not strike me as though he is in the same class as Hodgson I do like the lad but thats not what its all about .
02/04/2010/

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I would agree with you Cooper would be a better signing if we could get him and a prop it would be great, not sure we can unless we can juggle the money about , what about defaring some payments :lol: sorry thats not even funny :blush: :D
02/04/2010/

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I eared that was a contentious point with some of the team as he would not do it , caused problems but I ear so much cr*p it may well be true that he did :eh:
02/04/2010/

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

God posted:
Interesting.We will never know :lol:
Think we as fans very rarely know what goes on and sometimes its for the best , we think of these lads as heroes and some would not live up to it :blush:
02/04/2010/

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
topskin

Post by topskin »

noble will give the likes of reay and stanton a chance in the pre season frendlys they may surprise a lot of people :)
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

God posted:
I must appologise but your not going to convince me.Ive seen Hodgson and i dont rate him.Hes like a poor mans Brisco now with lack of pace.I don't know where you have seen Hodgson, but I have footage from the NRL and he is certainly not slow, in fact he is bloody quick, he also won the NRL full back of the year in 1996.

Hes injury prone and IMO not a good player.

We will be 100 times better off with Matt Cooper.And ive said in the past he is WORLD CLASS.

My Team For Next Year.

1.Richards
2.Calderwood
3.Goulding.
4.Cooper.
5.Colbon.
6.Barrett.
7.Tommy.
8.Fielden.
9.Higham.
10.Feka.
11.Coley.
12.Hock.
13.Lockers
14.Hanson.
15.Bailey.
17.Mclorum.
18. Carvell/Quality prop forward.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

God posted:
I must appologise but your not going to convince me.Ive seen Hodgson and i dont rate him.Hes like a poor mans Brisco now with lack of pace.

We will be 100 times better off with Matt Cooper.And ive said in the past he is WORLD CLASS.

My Team For Next Year.

1.Richards
2.Calderwood
3.Goulding.
4.Cooper.
5.Colbon.
6.Barrett.
7.Tommy.
8.Fielden.
9.Higham.
10.Feka.
11.Coley.
12.Hock.
13.Lockers
14.Hanson.
15.Bailey.
17.Mclorum.
18. Carvell/Quality prop forward.
God posted:
I must appologise but your not going to convince me.Ive seen Hodgson and i dont rate him.Hes like a poor mans Brisco now with lack of pace.

We will be 100 times better off with Matt Cooper.And ive said in the past he is WORLD CLASS.I don't know where you have seen Hodgson, but I have footage from the NRL and he is certainly not slow, in fact he is bloody quick, he also won the NRL full back of the year in 2006.

My Team For Next Year.

1.Richards
2.Calderwood
3.Goulding.
4.Cooper.
5.Colbon.
6.Barrett.
7.Tommy.
8.Fielden.
9.Higham.
10.Feka.
11.Coley.