Team sponsorship in new era?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Team sponsorship in new era?

Post by ancientnloyal »

I perhaps assume nobody on here knows the intircate details of the takeover... But I was wondering whether JJB will continue to sponsor the Warriors in forthcoming years. I know KooGa wqill possibly be making the 2008 shirts.

To be fair im not bothered if JJB sponsor us for 10+ years, as im sure mr whelan will somewhere make sure this happens... just as long as the new club will receive freedom of choice and make the best deals money-wise regarding sponsors and not hold back for a cheaper deal with JJB.

if anyone knows what I mean. Could have Sports Direct.com as sponsor.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wayne's World

Re: Team sponsorship in new er...

Post by Wayne's World »

whelan as nothing to do with jjb now
Fraggle

Re: Team sponsorship in ne...

Post by Fraggle »

Wayne's World posted:
I think he's still honourary life president or some such thing, but not a shareholder anymore. But Whelco Holdings who own the stadium is still his, and I'm sure there are lots of other little bits of JJB off-shoots that are still controlled by DW that impact on us.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Fraggle posted:
Wayne's World posted:
I think he's still honourary life president or some such thing, but not a shareholder anymore. But Whelco Holdings who own the stadium is still his, and I'm sure there are lots of other little bits of JJB off-shoots that are still controlled by DW that impact on us.
Like the Hi Vis jackets he sells to the stewards :lol:
chnwh

Post by chnwh »

We will still be sponsored by JJB. The one difference being they will now have to pay us whereas previously that may not have happened.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

chnwh posted:
We will still be sponsored by JJB. The one difference being they will now have to pay us whereas previously that may not have happened.
Whoever sponsers us in the future it will be going towards Wigan RLFC 2007 not to Wigan Football club as DW as the owner of both clubs .

chnwh

Post by chnwh »

Exactly.
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

yeah fraggle your right he is an honoury [resodent but doesnt make any decisions it is just a title...