Rugby leauge game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fishsta

Re: Rugby leauge game

Post by Fishsta »

Some serious tips for you...

To unlock all the competitions, complete competitions you've already unlocked.

To gain "League God" difficulty, beat any competition on "Legend" difficulty. State of Origin is your best bet.

To gain the "Super Team", beat any competition on "League God" difficulty. Again, State of Origin is your best bet.

To get the following extras, you must complete a certain amount of hours gameplay:
Production Stills gallery: 1 hour
Behind the scenes video: 3 hours
Warriors Vs Raiders: 7 hours
Dragons Vs Cowboys: 15 hours
Season Highlights: 63 hours
Cheerleaders: 127 hours

OR alternatively...

If you go into your program directory on your hard drive, you can achieve all sorts of results...

If you installed the game into the default directory, you can copy and paste this next line into a "Run" dialog, which you can bring up by holding down the "Windows" button and tapping "R".

c:\program files\rugbyleague\data

OK, here's what you can do...

In the "Actor" directory you can edit the face and strip of the referee and the linesmen's flags! I've included my own face here. I look a little strange in the game, but hey, it works.

In the "Ball" directory, you can edit the ball. You following this?

Ignore the next few, then the "Comps" directory will allow you to edit the trophies, and the "crowd" directory will allow you to edit the crowd!

In the "font" directory, you can edit all the text used in the game (boring, but possible).

The next one you want to take a good look at is the "movie" directory. In here you can watch those hidden movies! Simply Right-click on any of the files (except thumbs.db and rlintro.mpg) and select "Open With" or, if that's not there, "Open". Tell Windows to let you choose which program, and choose Windows Media Player. Hey presto! The hidden movies will play! This may or may not work with the PS2 disc in a PC too, I really don't know. Someone want to try it?

The "player" directory will allow you to edit faces, heads, hairstyles, numbers and skin maps... good, isn't it?

Now the best one... Teams! In the "Teams" directory, you can edit logos and strips. This means it really is possible to keep this game bang up to date! Although it requires some work, I'm sure someone will work on providing a downloadable patch with all the latest strips and logos, and possibly the files for the player database too!

Which brings me to the final bit... transfers. Here's the most up to date list of transfers I could find which should bring the game bang up to date...

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file ... ansfer.txt