Where has the money gone?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: Where has the money go...

Post by DaveO »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
Where all ready over the cap for 2008.
How so? Lenegan has just told us we have only £140K space left for 2008.

That means we are under it. Who do I believe you or him?

Dave
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO posted:
Nobby`s Girl posted:
Where all ready over the cap for 2008.
How so? Lenegan has just told us we have only £140K space left for 2008.

That means we are under it. Who do I believe you or him?

Dave
Can i take 50/50
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

lenagan wont lie not yet anyway! if he takes wigan over and tells everyone things are great it will be him to blame when it all goes pear shaped! if he tells us all now that things are bad its maurices fault. its not that we dont have loads of money in the club its just we cant use it! everyone knows there are ways around the salary cap ask anyone at stains maybe mr lenagan will be a bit more flexable with his payment methods than whealan would be. :wink:
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

ddtftf posted:
standishwarrior posted:
Cruncher posted: I agree, I think Mo's made a bit of a mess here. But looking on the bright side, imagine if it was still down to Mo to try and sort it out.

At least the guy now in charge has recognised that there's a problem, admitted it in public and is employing real business smarts to clean it all up.

It's very disappointing that a new era does not necessarily equate to exciting new players at the JJB, but that's only a short-term problem. There is still scope for new signings in 2008, albeit smaller ones than we were anticipating, and 2009 will be a very different matter.

In the meantime: Noble's staying, we're installed in the JJB for the next half-century, and there's nothing any Latics fan can do about it - how cool is that? - and we've increased club assets significantly by taking permanent possession of the rugby excellence centre at Orrell.

These are all good signs. I think there are grounds for optimism.
definatly!with a good centre then i dont know why people are writing next season off already.least we have someone in charge who knows what they are doing reguading the wages ect!it would be a disaster if mo was still here.
I feel sorry for the new management,imagine you buy a new top of the range car, only to find that someone has taken the engine out & you do not have enough money to replace it for another year. I suspect that Mr Lenagan feels just like this at the moment. I must admit that I DO feel confident the he is an HONEST MAN at the helm of our club and must be feeling very frustrated at the moment. My best wishes go with him, and my thanks for investing his money into such a passionate cause.
New chairman knew the new car was wonky but still bought it have faith in IL i have
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

ddtftf posted:
standishwarrior posted:
Cruncher posted: I agree, I think Mo's made a bit of a mess here. But looking on the bright side, imagine if it was still down to Mo to try and sort it out.

At least the guy now in charge has recognised that there's a problem, admitted it in public and is employing real business smarts to clean it all up.

It's very disappointing that a new era does not necessarily equate to exciting new players at the JJB, but that's only a short-term problem. There is still scope for new signings in 2008, albeit smaller ones than we were anticipating, and 2009 will be a very different matter.

In the meantime: Noble's staying, we're installed in the JJB for the next half-century, and there's nothing any Latics fan can do about it - how cool is that? - and we've increased club assets significantly by taking permanent possession of the rugby excellence centre at Orrell.

These are all good signs. I think there are grounds for optimism.
definatly!with a good centre then i dont know why people are writing next season off already.least we have someone in charge who knows what they are doing reguading the wages ect!it would be a disaster if mo was still here.
I feel sorry for the new management,imagine you buy a new top of the range car, only to find that someone has taken the engine out & you do not have enough money to replace it for another year. I suspect that Mr Lenagan feels just like this at the moment. I must admit that I DO feel confident the he is an HONEST MAN at the helm of our club and must be feeling very frustrated at the moment. My best wishes go with him, and my thanks for investing his money into such a passionate cause.
Ian Lenagan must have known what he was getting into. He's surely gone through the books carefully before agreeing to buy.

I find that encouraging. He hasn't been put off by what he's seen, so he either really, really wants to be chairman of Wigan, or the problems aren't too desperate. Either way it's a positive.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Cruncher posted:
ddtftf posted:
standishwarrior posted: definatly!with a good centre then i dont know why people are writing next season off already.least we have someone in charge who knows what they are doing reguading the wages ect!it would be a disaster if mo was still here.
Ian Lenagan must have known what he was getting into. He's surely gone through the books carefully before agreeing to buy.

I find that encouraging. He hasn't been put off by what he's seen, so he either really, really wants to be chairman of Wigan, or the problems aren't too desperate. Either way it's a positive.
Its 100% from all the fans on this forum that we ALL feel that the club has not been handed over to the new management in good health by ML. I think that Dave Whelan is way off the mark suggesting that Mr Lindsey should get a GONG.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

ddtftf posted:
Its 100% from all the fans on this forum that we ALL feel that the club has not been handed over to the new management in good health by ML. I think that Dave Whelan is way off the mark suggesting that Mr Lindsey should get a GONG.
I don't remember saying such a thing, so not totally 100% from all the fans.

But anyway... I've not seen DW's comments, but there is an argument for Chairman Mo getting some kind of reward for his services to rugby league. The move to summer rugby, massive deal with Sky Sports, the whole move to Superleague... these are major achievements in our sport and they were led by ML. And not to mention his guiding hand during his first stint at Wigan during our Glory Years. Whatever you think about the way things have gone these last 7 years since he came back, you can't really dispute the fact that he's had a bigger impact in RL than any other individual in the last 20 years or so in the UK.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Fraggle posted:
ddtftf posted:
I don't remember saying such a thing, so not totally 100% from all the fans.

But anyway... I've not seen DW's comments, but there is an argument for Chairman Mo getting some kind of reward for his services to rugby league. The move to summer rugby, massive deal with Sky Sports, the whole move to Superleague... these are major achievements in our sport and they were led by ML. And not to mention his guiding hand during his first stint at Wigan during our Glory Years. Whatever you think about the way things have gone these last 7 years since he came back, you can't really dispute the fact that he's had a bigger impact in RL than any other individual in the last 20 years or so in the UK.
I agree he has had a big impact with the RL.He has alienated the club by twice going over the salary cap, and had the club points deducted leaving us struggling for survival, if we had been relegated that could have been the end of the club.I sadly point to Widnes as an example of how a once a great club can struggle to get back and consoladate into Super League.Its not long ago that ML was linked with the chairmans job at the GOLD COAST & when he did'nt get the post, said he could not leave our club in such a bad situation. The man who should get a GONG is NOBBY for the miracle he pulled off saving the club from religation.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Sorry but anyone who thinks the club would have folded due to relegation needs looking at IMO.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Sorry but anyone who thinks the club would have folded due to relegation needs looking at IMO.
Really, my friend, then ask Widnes & Harlequins & Oldham, plus others who went into admin.All the top players jump ship and you are left with no quality players, and no top players want to come to a club not in Super League, so it becomes an ever decreasing situation until the guy supplying the money also jumps ship. Just because we are Wigan does't mean we have a divine right to survive. But for the RL who bailed Harlequins out because they wanted rugby league in London it would be now EXTINCT, as would CATALAN DRAGONS without the help of the RL purse.