Where has the money gone?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Cruncher

Re: Where has the money go...

Post by Cruncher »

ddtftf posted:
gpartin posted:
The Pearl posted:
In Ian Lenagans BBC interview he said the credit note was over a 4 year period so that may explain part of the missing money. The players leaving surely should have allowed more than £140k cap space.
Unless, as has been suggested, we were well over the cap last year?
Don't you think that Mr Lenagan should be open with the fans & tell us the truth? that way he would have the respect from us that at last we have a true picture of the club finances and end all the speculation of hidden adjenda within the club, its about time the true facts are told.
I don't think he could be more open than he's been. He's told us exactly how much money is left under the cap and has explained in painfully honest detail why we won't be able to make any big signings for 2008.

To me, that's pretty solid and factual.

Or could it be that the 'true facts' you want to hear are: "The previous owners have left the club in a very, very healthy state and as such we can now unveil five Kangaroos for 2008".

There are facts and facts. I'd suggest that you're only interested in hearing the really exciting ones.
W1GANER

Post by W1GANER »

If DV was on so much money then how come his wages are not available for next year? Also Fletchers wages too? :conf:
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

W1GANER posted:
If DV was on so much money then how come his wages are not available for next year? Also Fletchers wages too? :conf:
They would have been under Mo but unfortunatly Mo didn't bother with the salary cap much.
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

W1GANER posted:
We just have to accept that pay structures are not as simple as we'd like to think they are.

Players are on different amounts in different years, depending on contracts (both theirs and other players).

It's never simply a case of "one man is no longer here, so all his money is now available to be spent".

We should also be realistic and accept that we actually have no idea about the cash situation at Wigan. Everything said on these boards, even when it's said by those who speak with authority or claim inside knowledge (and we'll see precious few of those for a while), are basing their claims on guesswork. Maybe it's educated guesswork, but it's still guesswork.

We don't know for sure what any of our players are on, or what deals they've signed with Wigan. For this reason alone, we can't be running around talking as if someone's trying to pull a fast one.
Spanakopitta

Post by Spanakopitta »

well this makes a change....debately whether we're over the cap on a season that hasn't even started yet :(

so much for looking forward to the new season :wink:
GEER EM ONSIDE
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

So were heading for another deduction then ??
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Hawkeye posted:
One would imagine so.

At a guess take the players wages thna thave left as-

Vaealiki-100k
Fletcher-100k
Millard-40k
Withers-60k
Ashton-15k

total-315k

Money left-140k

thats a difference of 175k! now Lenagan has said we had a credit note for 47k but that still leaves a shortfall of 128k!

To me that means we were 128k over the salary cap for 2007 meaning another points deduction of 4 or more likely 8 points.

Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

NICKYKISS posted:
Hawkeye posted:
One would imagine so.

Vaealiki-100k
Fletcher-100k
Millard-40k
Withers-60k
Ashton-15k

total-315k

Money left-140k

thats a difference of 175k! now Lenagan has said we had a credit note for 47k but that still leaves a shortfall of 128k!

To me that means we were 128k over the salary cap for 2007 meaning another points deduction of 4 or more likely 8 points.
Sorry, but this is pure conjecture.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Cruncher posted:
NICKYKISS posted:
Hawkeye posted:
One would imagine so.

Vaealiki-100k
Fletcher-100k
Millard-40k
Withers-60k
Ashton-15k

total-315k

Money left-140k

Can't imagine so much fuss over DV if he was on 100k I'd have said more tbh but as cruncher so eloquently put 'pure conjecture'
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Cruncher posted:

Of course it is mate. I have no inside knowledge or anything like that but serioulsy how else can the 'shortfall' be explained other then one of two ways.

The first one is that the 5 players mentioned were shareing about 180k or the other is that we must have broke the cap again.

I know which one i think is the correct one.