Matt Copper deny's move

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
a-true-warrior

Matt Copper deny's move

Post by a-true-warrior »

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/mi ... tml?page=2

sorry can not link

When contacted by the Herald, Cooper said he had not received any approach and speculated that if Wigan were interested in his services, it may be for 2009.

also is there any players at the bottom that wigan would be intressed in?
RIP mike you will always be remembered

once a wigan fan always a wigan fan
a-true-warrior

Re: Matt Copper deny's mov...

Post by a-true-warrior »

You props right but...

YOU GOT TO HAVE FAITH :D
RIP mike you will always be remembered

once a wigan fan always a wigan fan
adam

Post by adam »

on the matter of player coming we need a winger or fullback,centre, and possibly a prop because this should get us challanging for trophies
adam

Post by adam »

keeping faith with the props is the right thnig to do because i think fielden will come good and prescott will bulk up and become better as well as o'carroll
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

whats been wrong with wigan the past few years is there isnt enough wigan in the team. over rated kiwi's over the hill aussies and over payed super stars who never seem to deliver. now we are getting the formula right! wigan lads from the acadamy playing for pride lydon instead of lyndsey lenagan who is a wigan fan just like we are all wanting us to do well.they take over the club with almost no money to spend on players yet we are hearing something from them we havent heard from maurice for years "the truth"! im not expecting to win any trophys next season but i can finaly see the time when we will.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

the grinch posted:
whats been wrong with wigan the past few years is there isnt enough wigan in the team. over rated kiwi's over the hill aussies and over payed super stars who never seem to deliver. now we are getting the formula right! wigan lads from the acadamy playing for pride
Wigan lads like Lockers, Hock, Goulding, McIllorum, Prescott, O'Carroll, Tomkins, Ashton, Colbon, Coyle and Hansen who all were Wigan Academy players and who were part of the 2007 first team squad, you mean? Or Rads, Brown, Hargreaves, Melling and Walker in 2006? Aspinwall, Faz, Wild, Allen, Beswick, James Coyle, Williams and Jewitt from the year before?

Sorry, but this old chestnut of not enough Wigan players doesn't always seem to add up, the club has always had substantial numbers of Wigan Academy players progress through to the first team, as well as other British born players. The "over rated kiwi's over the hill aussies" have certainly not dominated the team, even in the ML era.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

the grinch posted:
whats been wrong with wigan the past few years is there isnt enough wigan in the team. over rated kiwi's over the hill aussies and over payed super stars who never seem to deliver.
Well at times IMO the main problem has been too many over rated Wigan'ers in the side. The likes of Brown and many others who are rated as the best thing since sliced bread who after a season or so fade away.

Really class Wigan born players like Faz and Radlinski are few and far between. Name me one as good as them on the books now. There isn't a single one of them in the squad.

Provided we don't have too many overseas players I don't give a stuff where the players come from provided they are the best we can get.

I also think you are missing the point about what it means to be a pro RL player which doesn't mean playing for your home town club is the be all and end all. The likes of Long and Deacon won't regret not having Wigan carers. They are quite happy to have picked up medals elsewhere.

now we are getting the formula right! wigan lads from the acadamy playing for pride lydon instead of lyndsey lenagan who is a wigan fan just like we are all wanting us to do well.they take over the club with almost no money to spend on players yet we are hearing something from them we havent heard from maurice for years "the truth"! im not expecting to win any trophys next season but i can finaly see the time when we will.
I don't see anything from either of them about building a squad around Wigan players for the sake of them being Wigan players. I wouldn't believe them if I did! We may have to promote from the U21's out of necessity but you can bet your house on it that Lenegan won't turn away good players in favour of Wigan'ers in 2009.

Dave
Bear

Post by Bear »

i agree fraggle, although we do need these players for a year or two, to show the youngsters more tips and how to improve
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
dawbz

Post by dawbz »

Nobby has said in an interview (yesterday i think) that he only has 140k to spend and he will try and bring in a couple of players for that, he also said when he was at Bradford the one thing he was good at was getting good players for less money, now lets face it he did an excellent job at Bradford and i'm sure he will do the same here at Wigan.
I personally think we will have a good season in 2008.
If we sign the likes of Cooper in 2009 ect ect then things are looking good, but i personally have not written 2008 off.
Listening to the interviews over the last couple of days have given me something to look forward to, i can't understand all this negative stuff coming off this board.
Come on Wigan.
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

dawbz posted:
Nobby has said in an interview (yesterday i think) that he only has 140k to spend and he will try and bring in a couple of players for that, he also said when he was at Bradford the one thing he was good at was getting good players for less money, now lets face it he did an excellent job at Bradford and i'm sure he will do the same here at Wigan.
I personally think we will have a good season in 2008.
If we sign the likes of Cooper in 2009 ect ect then things are looking good, but i personally have not written 2008 off.
Listening to the interviews over the last couple of days have given me something to look forward to, i can't understand all this negative stuff coming off this board.Come on Wigan.
A lot of it is because way too many people blithely accepted the assurances of 'those in the know' that we had two or three mega-signings lined up.

We would do well to list those stars we were going to sign, and alongside them, list those posters who were so certain they were coming. That way, whenever there are future rumours, we can check these two lists for reference, and make an informed decision as to whether we believe or not.