A good idea?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaNnY jOnEs

A good idea?

Post by DaNnY jOnEs »

gregory sed yesturday that ideally he wants to play brown 6 and orr 7 . i hav to agree with him we all no how gud orr is and how impressive brown was at 6 last year. robinson is failing to impress me i hav only seen him play a couple of good games. i no he's got the talent to become one of the best but at the moment he's just not showing it. grand final and 20th at bradford were very poor performences from him i feel. VIEWS PLEASE
if you hate St.Helens clap your hands!
Welski

Re: A good idea?

Post by Welski »

I agree mate. I think he would benefit from a run in the side when the team has had a few games behind it has settled down and has a few of the injured players back. At the moment the pressure to perform seems to be weighing heavy on him. I'm sure he will make it but it seems he is trying too hard to replicate his sensational few games from last season rather than concentrate on the basics first. At the end of it all tho we have only played one game !!!! :roll: Actully forget all that ...GO for it Luke!!!! :lol:
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
mario

Post by mario »

i think everyone is too quick to get on lukes back! who really stood out last week? someone posted we missed lammy. great as lammy is or was he almost threw the play off game against warrington on his own last season and it was luke who came to the resque that night. hes still a young lad, even farrell, sculthorpe, deacon and the likes have poor games. we expect too much of him because he is so good!
DaNnY jOnEs

Post by DaNnY jOnEs »

Mario, you cant just bum every player that pulls on the cherry and white. I bet you even liked Ricky Bibey. Luke tries too hard when he should get the basics sorted first. I hope i am proved wrong but at the moment leave him out of the team on big matches, he is too inexperienced.

PS Get me a pizza mario.

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

DaNnY jOnEs posted:
leave him out of the team on big matches, he is too inexperienced.
Who would you play then?
DaNnY jOnEs

Post by DaNnY jOnEs »

Read the previous e-mails and you will know who i would play. I agree with Mike Gregory with Orr at scrum half and Brown at stand off.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Brownies' even more inexperienced than Luke (although different positions). At the end of last season everyone was giving Robinson nothing but praise now he's getting slated because of not performing in two games against Bradford when we they were all poor. Is Brown next for the critics when he has two bad games on the trot?
mario

Post by mario »

Would you drop Lam if he'd had a bad game?
Dont think Luke was any worse than the majority of the team. If Brown starts against Widnes he's bound to look good because they're a lesser opposition.

You sound like you remember the days when we use to hammer every team and anything short of the same is not good enough, but judging by your comment on me wanting to 'bum' every player your obviously not old enough to remember them days. How old? 10? Luke has had far more good games than bad, but still lets bin him off to Bradford or Leeds and let him prove himself against us one day.

p.s. it's spaghetti tonight!
redhead

Post by redhead »

I think Luke looks unorganised sometimes because when he does a pass there either doesnt seem to be anyone there or theyve moved so it makes him look bad but he does try and I do think he will become a great player as he has a lot of potential but as a team against Bradford we looked like we didnt have a game plan so we need to sort that out as a team.
the little walnut
DaNnY jOnEs

Post by DaNnY jOnEs »

wo wo wo my litle plumber friend i agree that luke will become a quality player but if he aint playin well then why not giv brown a chance in his favourd and i feel best position so he can show why he can become a quality player aswell. cool it wiv the insults boi