Presumably McAvoy

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
demt82

Re: Presumably McAvoy

Post by demt82 »

standishwarrior posted:
ddtftf posted:
standishwarrior posted: good post! id have these two in the squad least we'd have a bit of cover if we picked up injuries during the season, cant see both asking for a fortune either.
I think its time I went and put my head in the oven.Hey I wonder if Doc Murry is still avaliable for full back.
seeing as we have hardly any money to spend, a squad that is very lightweight, even now we are hoping we dont get any injuries so i dont see what your problem is?these two arnt world beaters but if they were signed as cover just for this season then i dont see that as a bad thing! ps go and shove your head in your oven, make sure its on the hottest temp possible and hopefully that will open your eyes to the situation were in at the mo!
standishwarrior posted:
ddtftf posted:
standishwarrior posted: good post! id have these two in the squad least we'd have a bit of cover if we picked up injuries during the season, cant see both asking for a fortune either.
I think its time I went and put my head in the oven.Hey I wonder if Doc Murry is still avaliable for full back.
seeing as we have hardly any money to spend, a squad that is very lightweight, even now we are hoping we dont get any injuries so i dont see what your problem is?these two arnt world beaters but if they were signed as cover just for this season then i dont see that as a bad thing! ps go and shove your head in your oven, make sure its on the hottest temp possible and hopefully that will open your eyes to the situation were in at the mo!
Doctor of medicine.(MBcHB)
You will be asleep soon.
Its only a little prick!
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

standishwarrior posted:
ddtftf posted:
Are you a LATIC'S supporter? they have low expectations.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

demt82 posted:
You must be the most unambicious person ive ever heard!!
Realistic
Do you not remember the glory years are were you not born then.
Yes also the relegation and second division do you?
We didnt get that success by signing crap like McAvoy!! Even with the money we have we could sign better than him or give a kid in the A-team a chance.
We have had worse players than him this is not an ideal signing but needs must which is in general what every one is saying who has not got there head in the sand .

Lift your chin before i put my foot in it!! :sly:
SOZ Ostrich boy
:lol:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr T

Post by Mr T »

demt82 posted:
You must be the most unambicious person ive ever heard!! Do you not remember the glory years are were you not born then. We didnt get that success by signing crap like McAvoy!! Even with the money we have we could sign better than him or give a kid in the A-team a chance. Lift your chin before i put my foot in it!! :sly:
:sly: Crazy Fool :exc:
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

ddtftf in reply no im not a latics fan infact i hate them with a passion!have you not took anything in over the last few weeks? just have a look at the squad for next season and its in dire need of cover especially the backs. thats why it makes sense to bring in people like mcavoy maybe grose just for 12 month as an option incase we get some injuries.im as ambitious as every wigan fan but you gotta be realistic this season lenagan is sorting out the mess left by m.l
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

get used to it! we cant have world class players and only pay them tesco wages. wigan need to sign good players at the right price and mcavoy falls into this range.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Tonytt posted:
Like most wigan fans im looking at the bigger picture. 1 we are skint.
No we aren't. There is money to spend but we are paying too few players too much money so are restricted by the salary cap to spending a further £140K.
2 can anyone name another centre who comes that cheap. i dont think so. if hes available sign him. i thought he did a good job for us last time. Nobbys a good coach and i would trust his judgement.
The only way I'd sign McCavoy is as cover and only if he was outside the 20/25 i.e on less than £25K a year.

Dave
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

the grinch posted:
get used to it! we cant have world class players and only pay them tesco wages. wigan need to sign good players at the right price and mcavoy falls into this range.
Personally, I would NOT spend the cap money on any-one if the quality players are not available. We could still sign players on loan (if injuries and form necessitate) if the cap and 20/25 positions were not filled throughout next season anyway.

Too often, money is wasted (for however many years you want to give contracts out for), on substandard players - of which Nathan McAvoy definitely fits THAT bill! (Poor handling/support play and slow). Yes, his defence is OK - but nothing special either.

If we must save our money and sign players as and when they become available (hopefully), we will be in a far better position, than the wanton signing for signings sake.

[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

butt monkey posted:
the grinch posted:
Personally, I would NOT spend the cap money on any-one if the quality players are not available. We could still sign players on loan (if injuries and form necessitate) if the cap and 20/25 positions were not filled throughout next season anyway.

Too often, money is wasted (for however many years you want to give contracts out for), on substandard players - of which Nathan McAvoy definitely fits THAT bill! (Poor handling/support play and slow). Yes, his defence is OK - but nothing special either.

If we must save our money and sign players as and when they become available (hopefully), we will be in a far better position, than the wanton signing for signings sake.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I agree with Butt Monkey, do you think that although Fletcher,DV & Millard have left we may be paying their deferred wages in 2007? and that is why we only have £140K left.