daily star today

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
gpartin

Re: daily star today

Post by gpartin »

standishwarrior posted:
gpartin posted:
Doesn't Garry 'I-talk-out-of-my-rear' Schofield work for the Daily Star?
i think he does gp... the guy who writes the rugby in the star also does the express aswell. he lives round corner from me.
Thought he did, thanks sw.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

standishwarrior posted:
gpartin posted:
i think he does gp... the guy who writes the rugby in the star also does the express aswell. he lives round corner from me.
Schofield writes in the Sunday edition of the Daily Star, but I don't think he has any input into the news bits. The fact that the DS is owned by Express Newspapers is significant, the Express has had a pretty good handle on rumours relating to Wigan over the last couple of years....
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Fraggle posted:
standishwarrior posted:
gpartin posted:
Schofield writes in the Sunday edition of the Daily Star, but I don't think he has any input into the news bits. The fact that the DS is owned by Express Newspapers is significant, the Express has had a pretty good handle on rumours relating to Wigan over the last couple of years....
I like reading the express its for people who like to think they're intellectual but like to watch soaps. Imagine an article about Big Brother or Coronation Street written as part of a creative writing A-Level and you get the idea.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

God posted:
Stone him,SSStttttooonnnnneeeeee hhhhiiiiiimmmm.

That bloke is a right Helmet.

The day we see Cooper and Mathers at Wigan this year will be the day we will win Super League. :lol:
:D i used go school with his son so dont think he'd be to happy if i did that to his dad!

saying that he's been more or less spot on with what he said about transfers in the off season. only time will tell if we get cooper/mathers
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

gpartin posted:
I like reading the express its for people who like to think they're intellectual but like to watch soaps. Imagine an article about Big Brother or Coronation Street written as part of a creative writing A-Level and you get the idea.
Very good!

BTW if we get Cooper and Mathers, Cooper will be earning £139,999 a season and Mathers a quid a season.

You never know IL might offer then £70K a piece and defer a few grand until 2009 :wink:

Dave
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

DaveO posted:
gpartin posted:
Very good!

BTW if we get Cooper and Mathers, Cooper will be earning £139,999 a season and Mathers a quid a season.

You never know IL might offer then £70K a piece and defer a few grand until 2009 :wink:

Dave
Any news on Mathers injury recovery.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Panchitta Marra posted:

Dave
Any news on Mathers injury recovery.[/quote]

He will only be back in full training after Christmas can't remember where I read it ,was a few weeks ago ,if we get him and Cooper that would be a good deal only a top prop short .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

lucky 13 posted:
Panchitta Marra posted:

Dave
Any news on Mathers injury recovery.
He will only be back in full training after Christmas can't remember where I read it ,was a few weeks ago ,if we get him and Cooper that would be a good deal only a top prop short .[/quote]Mather wasnt looking bad at all for Leeds, just before he got crocked and departed to Oz, lets hope he recovers well. Cooper seems a big bloke, whats he like for pace. Has the Jason Ryles rumour passed by with any positives or negatives.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO posted:
gpartin posted:
Very good!

Dave
I still feel the making public that we had 140 thousand left was some sort of a red herring. Signings would have been made last season regardless of owners.

The announcments will be made of players when we get around Dec 1 as to make the new owners look good.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

thegimble posted:
DaveO posted:
gpartin posted:
Very good!

Dave
I still feel the making public that we had 140 thousand left was some sort of a red herring. Signings would have been made last season regardless of owners.

The announcements will be made of players when we get around Dec 1 as to make the new owners look good.
Hope you are right but if there are signings on 1st Dec that surprise us given we have been told we have only £140K cap space what was the point in telling us we only had £140K cap space?

If we sign Copper and Mathers after being told that, it will be back to square one in that every man and his dog will be saying we are breaking the cap or that IL was lieing when he said we only had £140K available.

So either we are accused of breaking the cap or IL doesn't say what he means. No different than the current regime so I can't see it myself as IL wants to be different.

Dave