daily star today

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
thegimble

Re: daily star today

Post by thegimble »

DaveO posted:
thegimble posted:
DaveO posted: Very good!

BTW if we get Cooper and Mathers, Cooper will be earning £139,999 a season and Mathers a quid a season.

You never know IL might offer then £70K a piece and defer a few grand until 2009 :wink:

Dave
I still feel the making public that we had 140 thousand left was some sort of a red herring. Signings would have been made last season regardless of owners.

The announcements will be made of players when we get around Dec 1 as to make the new owners look good.
Hope you are right but if there are signings on 1st Dec that surprise us given we have been told we have only £140K cap space what was the point in telling us we only had £140K cap space?

If we sign Copper and Mathers after being told that, it will be back to square one in that every man and his dog will be saying we are breaking the cap or that IL was lieing when he said we only had £140K available.

So either we are accused of breaking the cap or IL doesn't say what he means. No different than the current regime so I can't see it myself as IL wants to be different.

Dave
Point of telling people was if im right that it is to lower wages of some players that Noble wants and are also out of contract.

Eg. DV and Mcavoy
DP_wrlfc

Post by DP_wrlfc »

I think signing these 2 could be a real possibility tbh. If we do i think Mathers will hardly count against the cap imo.

As someone has stated Mathers will be unable to begin training until a few months into next year then he will be unable to play for maybe a month or two after that due his lack of fitness therefore why would we sign him if he's going to be injured for a decent part of the year when we have so little cap space ??

The only logic to me is that Gold coast would still be paying for most of his contract next year so we may only pay him 20k next year. Then Cooper imo is a possibility on 120k in his first year and maybe increasing the next couple of years.

This would be pretty clever by the club as we'd be signing two players, one world class centre and a young british player with alot of potential when it looked pretty downbeat with us only having 140k cap space left.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

DaveO posted:
what was the point in telling us we only had £140K cap space?

Dave
Indeed! and why the necessity to say ANYTHING at all, concerning the Cap situation?

IMO, Lenighan is another owner economical with the truth!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

...Daily star! says it all!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Flash posted:
Not neccessarily Dave. Firstly we could offer Mathers a long term contract where the bigger payments kick in in years 2 and 3 when we will have cap space. Don't forget he is effectively unproven in that he is returning from a serious injury and might be prepared to weigh the security of a longer contract against lower pay for the coming season. The same could be done for Cooper, althought to a lesser degree. In addition we still don't know if Millard's contract is to be added to the 140,000 as that announcement came before any news on Millard. We could also offload some of the younger/academy players to add a few thousand to the pot. Even just using the 140 as the figure if Cooper came on a 3 year deal, first year 115,000 (made up in the subsequent 2 years) that would leave Mathers on 35, 000 (made up in years 2,3 and even 4,5)
we woukd have to off load them all to get £2000 not sure they get paid that much between them
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

butt monkey posted:
DaveO posted:
what was the point in telling us we only had £140K cap space?

Dave
Indeed! and why the necessity to say ANYTHING at all, concerning the Cap situation?
Because almost everyone on here apart from me was complaining about the lack of news about signings....
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

gpartin posted:
Fraggle posted:
standishwarrior posted: i think he does gp... the guy who writes the rugby in the star also does the express aswell. he lives round corner from me.
Schofield writes in the Sunday edition of the Daily Star, but I don't think he has any input into the news bits. The fact that the DS is owned by Express Newspapers is significant, the Express has had a pretty good handle on rumours relating to Wigan over the last couple of years....
I like reading the express its for people who like to think they're intellectual but like to watch soaps. Imagine an article about Big Brother or Coronation Street written as part of a creative writing A-Level and you get the idea.
As opposed to the Daily Star which is for those of us who have no interest in being intellectual but like looking at big b**bs...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Fraggle posted:
gpartin posted:
Fraggle posted: Schofield writes in the Sunday edition of the Daily Star, but I don't think he has any input into the news bits. The fact that the DS is owned by Express Newspapers is significant, the Express has had a pretty good handle on rumours relating to Wigan over the last couple of years....
I like reading the express its for people who like to think they're intellectual but like to watch soaps. Imagine an article about Big Brother or Coronation Street written as part of a creative writing A-Level and you get the idea.
As opposed to the Daily Star which is for those of us who have no interest in being intellectual but like looking at big b**bs...
Pretty much :lol:
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I read The Times and nearly chocked on my Subway Muffin when I saw over half a page dedicated to Rugby League today AND a 6 line column on a seperate page concerning Scotland's win. I might email The Times to ask why they didnt bother publishing the 10 week insight into Johnny Wilkinson's pet dogs vet's apathy of late instead?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Flash posted:
Speak for yourself!

I'll look at any boobs! :lol:
:blush: Me too!!!!!! :wink:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!