Maurice Lindsay to be offered board position?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
jammie

Re: Maurice Lindsey to be ...

Post by jammie »

just a rumour but got told phil clarke is to be on the new board of directors.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

jammie posted:
just a rumour but got told phil clarke is to be on the new board of directors.
Wouldn't have happened with DW/ML still involved, but if it helps us keep some control over the Clarke family and their player representation business then perhaps not a bad move. Whatever people think about Chris Ashton, the fact that the Clarkes did such a good deal to lure him away was definitely a concern in case any more of our young players were to take the union shilling....
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
jammie

Post by jammie »

i was one who slagged him off for constantly dragging our name through the mud on boot's and all,but his attitude changed towards the end of the season and seemed to back wigan in everything we did.i wonder if he had irons in the fire and an idea of what was going on? only time will tell,but love him or hate him he was a great servant to us in his playing days and if he is to be on the board then he and joe lydon know all about the history,and what type of player is needed and what is expected of those players who play for our club,i think we could be building a very good and strong group of people to run the club and take us into a new and hopefully sucessful era.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.