How we get around the salary cap

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
tom g

How we get around the salary cap

Post by tom g »

I have heard a few interesting stories over the past few weeks but I don't know how much truth they have in them so could anyone shed any light?
The first of which was that Trent Barret is allegedly not actually contracted to Wigan but to a private firm which Maurice Lindsay set up.Wigan apparently invite him to play every game and give him a £300 match fee.
Secondly I have heard that when alot of players have left Wigan over the past few years they have been provided two P45 forms.One by Wigan & one through Orrell.
Like I say I don't know how much truth is held by these rumours and they will probably just get put down straight away but just wanted to know whether anyone else had heard them and whether they are true.
Dicknterry

Re: How we get around the sala...

Post by Dicknterry »

So why do we keep getting caught breaking the cap?
Your argument doesn't really add up, although i'm all for cheating!!
"A closed mouth gathers no foot"
GeoffN

Re: How we get around the sala...

Post by GeoffN »

tom g posted:
I have heard a few interesting stories over the past few weeks but I don't know how much truth they have in them so could anyone shed any light?
The first of which was that Trent Barret is allegedly not actually contracted to Wigan but to a private firm which Maurice Lindsay set up.Wigan apparently invite him to play every game and give him a £300 match fee.
Secondly I have heard that when alot of players have left Wigan over the past few years they have been provided two P45 forms.One by Wigan & one through Orrell.
Like I say I don't know how much truth is held by these rumours and they will probably just get put down straight away but just wanted to know whether anyone else had heard them and whether they are true.
Somebody's been winding you up! All those types of loopholes are covered by the salary cap rules - a bit like employing a players's missus as a typist on £300 k pa.
GeoffN

Re: How we get around the ...

Post by GeoffN »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
Dicknterry posted:
, although i'm all for cheating!!
i aint...cheaters and liers allways get found out.
...except at bowling...?
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

Ask the stains chairman!!!

And the HKR,Wire,Giants chairman.

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Nobby`s Girl posted:

meaning???