Karl Price

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
standishwarrior

Re: Karl Price

Post by standishwarrior »

Cruncher posted:
mikey posted:
Read in the daily express we are interested in karl price , this would be an excellent signing 22 6,6",18 stone,a bit raw as a player, great prospect
Alas, I fear the Express scribe has lifted this from RLFans. Having read that article, it dovetails almost perfectly with many of the theories currently being aired on Cherry n White.

It's a sad truth, but many of these "RL journalists" really don't know any more than the supporters.

strange how the writer who does express/daily star got every one of his predictions right reguarding players signing for clubs ie robinson hodgeson to hudds.
drew to wakey
nero jefferies to bradford
last fridays daily star said mathers/cooper to sign for wigan well so far so good!
he even said wigan were interested in fitzpatrick from salford we know that to be true but he never signed because of the contract on offer. all these cant be bad guesses would you agree?must have inside knowledge somewhere!
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

karl pryce could be like Barrie J Mather MkII :D
thomo

Post by thomo »

But what about the forwards - the pack need to provide the platfrom for the halfs to feed the backs.
As put on previous threads have the greatest backs on the world but it forwards cannot get us out of our half we will struggle
Must be having the smallest pack in the league with only two front lines props and small back row
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

dont need forwards with jonny in the team :wink:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
right cross

Post by right cross »

barrett at 13 ,lockers 12 , thats the word on the street,
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

right cross posted:
barrett at 13 ,lockers 12 , thats the word on the street,
I won't believe that till I see it in Wikipedia...

:wink:
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

standishwarrior posted:
Cruncher posted:
mikey posted:
Read in the daily express we are interested in karl price , this would be an excellent signing 22 6,6",18 stone,a bit raw as a player, great prospect
Alas, I fear the Express scribe has lifted this from RLFans. Having read that article, it dovetails almost perfectly with many of the theories currently being aired on Cherry n White.

It's a sad truth, but many of these "RL journalists" really don't know any more than the supporters.

strange how the writer who does express/daily star got every one of his predictions right reguarding players signing for clubs ie robinson hodgeson to hudds.
drew to wakey
nero jefferies to bradford
last fridays daily star said mathers/cooper to sign for wigan well so far so good!
he even said wigan were interested in fitzpatrick from salford we know that to be true but he never signed because of the contract on offer. all these cant be bad guesses would you agree?must have inside knowledge somewhere!
I'd argue that none of these were major secrets.

I'm not saying he doesn't have a reliable source, just that very few of them appear to have a reliable source where Wigan specifically are concerned. This may because the regime change suddenly put the mockers on a couple of signings that were dead certs until IL took over and saw problems with them. But either way, several nationals (and locals) had us connected to a number of big-name Aussies and New Zealanders, none of which happened.

Personally, I'll be absolutely stunned if Wigan sign Matt Cooper for 2008. From what the new chairman has already explained to us in some detail, it would require the creative accountancy of all time.
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

i would also be confident of us winning us some silvewear this year.......
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
pieater-alex posted:
He's 18 and a half stone ,

!

:o :o :o Thats like.....9 of me!

well not excatly but you get what i mean lol :lol:
Maybe so, but I bet he cant sketch like you can.
dawbz

Post by dawbz »

As someone has said the guy from the daily star must have some inside knowledge, i was reading the article in yesterdays star (wednesday) about Mathers and at the end of it he said Wigan are also hoping to follow up the signing with Pryce and Cooper, lets hope he is right eh?.