Willie mason again

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
gpartin

Re: Willie mason again

Post by gpartin »

DaveO posted:
gpartin posted:
DaveO posted:

Lets put it this way, if he does end up at Wigan next season Lenagen will have some explaining to do as to how one minute he is telling us we have no room under the salary cap and next he is signing an Aussie test forward.

Dave
:eusa2:

And I think we both know that's not going to happen.

There'll also be some explaining to do if IL has made a large offer (unlikely) which gets turned down, and we don't sign at least another 2 players instead (if that makes sense?)
On a less high profile prop and Matt Cooper for example!

Dave
I really wish we could get our hands on Garreth Carvell. Great player, great bloke. Wigan are a club who get rid of idiots not sign them.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

andybailey147

Post by andybailey147 »

instead of who?
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

andybailey147 posted:
instead of who?
Willie Mason
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

andybailey147

Post by andybailey147 »

and why is that? and be serious!
andybailey147

Post by andybailey147 »

no one could handle him properly over here!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

andybailey147 posted:
and why is that? and be serious!
What I meant, and wasn't that clear, is that if Lenagan has made a large offer for Mason and it gets turned down, then this is an admission that he has money to spend, so he will have a lot of explaining to do if he doesn't buy some players.

I personally would prefer to see some grafters in the forwards with a bit of passion and dedication without being overpaid. The money being suggested for Mason is over the top to say the least but my main concern is not with the blokes ability but his lack of professionalism off the field. I would prefer to have a player like Carvell in the forwards and get someone with a bit of attacking flair in the backs. This would also give us an extra 80 minute squad player which we would not be able to afford if we got Mason. The idea of having an Aussie test prop sounds amazing in theory but the bloke is an idiot in practice.

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

andybailey147 posted:
no one could handle him properly over here!
He can't handle himself half of the time :lol:

Sonny Bill Williams is one player I'd love to see at Wigan - Centre, Second Row or loose forward (he'd even get away with playing prop in SL), he's an awesome player.

andybailey147

Post by andybailey147 »

his presence is immense, he has made 5 more metres because of tacklers standing off him!
wilbur wombat

Post by wilbur wombat »

It would be best for Wigan not to sign Mason.He is an ill disciplined player would spend a great deal of time not playing because of suspensions.In recent years he has demonstrated a great disregard the team nature of the game. He has an uncontrolable temper, he needs to undergo anger management. Do not waste your money. He is a liability
wilbur wombat

Post by wilbur wombat »

Mason is selected for Australia because the selectors know that he is not going to be sent off for violent play. This has been show in several games.