Willie mason again

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
pedro

Re: Willie mason again

Post by pedro »

butt monkey posted:
pieater-alex posted:
A few things to consider:

I could see us being interested in Mason is the outcome of Feka's trial case, if it is just a fine and a slap on the wrist fine , but it could also be 5 years in prison,
For assault?!, even Bailey and Walker were "let out" after minimum sentences for GBH on a taxi driver.
They both beat up a Rochdale player who beat up a woman
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Well according to this:

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... Mason.html

We are going to give him £1.5m over three years. That is £500K a season!

Obviously that is not going to be the case as we would not be able to afford a team if one player had that sort of wage.

Dave
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

DaveO posted:
Well according to this:

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... Mason.html

We are going to give him £1.5m over three years. That is £500K a season!

Obviously that is not going to be the case as we would not be able to afford a team if one player had that sort of wage.

Dave
What a load of crap, the more I read of stuff like this the more I am convinced we will notsign Willie Mason and have no intention of doing so.

3million Australian $ which was quoted in another article is actually £1.3m, and even if you assumed this was for a 4 year deal that would be 325k per year. Absolutely ridiculous claim coming from a bloke who in the same day said he was willing to play for a reduced rate and on a match by match basis.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

shawcross da warrior posted:
yeah he is a fantasic player eithe way you look at it but i think he would have to offload someone to get him...

ther is no way we can afford him unless someone is ofloaded....

give them fielden we will have mason that sounds like a good swap....
on his interview he said he was willing to take a pay cut.. so he could end up in Super League and maybe wigan! didnt hear saints or hull being named in his interview and why would wigan put an offer in if they wernt interested?
To be the best
you have to beat the best
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

chrisJJ posted:
shawcross da warrior posted:
yeah he is a fantasic player eithe way you look at it but i think he would have to offload someone to get him...

ther is no way we can afford him unless someone is ofloaded....

give them fielden we will have mason that sounds like a good swap....
on his interview he said he was willing to take a pay cut.. so he could end up in Super League and maybe wigan! didnt hear saints or hull being named in his interview and why would wigan put an offer in if they wernt interested?
Hull have apparently pulled out, his willingness to take a pay cut is a ploy to generate interest from NRL clubs I feel, he's quoting ridiculous figures to make clubs in the NRL think they're getting a good deal if he signs for less.

I won't believe Wigan have put an offer in at all until I hear it from them.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

gpartin posted:
What a load of crap, the more I read of stuff like this the more I am convinced we will not sign Willie Mason and have no intention of doing so.
He will IMO end up at one of the other Aussie clubs mentioned in the article. When he does he will no doubt try and paint himself as a hero having turned down £1.5m from Wigan so he can still play for Australia.

The fact we have only £140K under the salary cap for new players next season and have already given some of it to Mathers will conveniently be forgotten.

Lets put it this way, if he does end up at Wigan next season Lenagen will have some explaining to do as to how one minute he is telling us we have no room under the salary cap and next he is signing an Aussie test forward.

Dave
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

DaveO posted:

Lets put it this way, if he does end up at Wigan next season Lenagen will have some explaining to do as to how one minute he is telling us we have no room under the salary cap and next he is signing an Aussie test forward.

Dave
:eusa2:

And I think we both know that's not going to happen.

There'll also be some explaining to do if IL has made a large offer (unlikely) which gets turned down, and we don't sign at least another 2 players instead (if that makes sense?)

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

gpartin posted:
DaveO posted:

Dave
:eusa2:

And I think we both know that's not going to happen.

There'll also be some explaining to do if IL has made a large offer (unlikely) which gets turned down, and we don't sign at least another 2 players instead (if that makes sense?)
On a less high profile prop and Matt Cooper for example!

Dave
andybailey147

Post by andybailey147 »

cap might of been freed with players leaving which wasnt accounted for in the original figures?
andybailey147

Post by andybailey147 »

cap might of been freed with players leaving which wasnt accounted for in the original figures?