Re: Mason: Wigan have made a t...

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
WiganWarrior

Re: Mason: Wigan have made...

Post by WiganWarrior »

Wonder how Fielden and Mason would get on?
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

Mason!! Ohhh now then, it would be a dream team if he came! get rid of Stu and Bring Willie in :wink: :lol: :lol:
To be the best
you have to beat the best
mario

Post by mario »

Perhaps were using Fielden in part exchange.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Forget it guys, we have seen it all before. You can piller me if i am wrong, but its all a publicity stunt to push up Masons value with Wigan as the bait for the NRL clubs. HE is NOT coming to the UK!
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

ddtftf posted:
Forget it guys, we have seen it all before. You can piller me if i am wrong, but its all a publicity stunt to push up Masons value with Wigan as the bait for the NRL clubs. HE is NOT coming to the UK!
I hope you are right. I would prefer us to sign a decent centre. I think mason would be constantly targetted due to his reputation and would get banned often.

Cooper and carvell will do just fine :wink:
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

pieater-alex posted:

I am 100% behind Lenegans approach for Willie Mason long as his wage is not ridiculous
That's about right, but the figures quoted are completely ridiculous. Top end salaries in SL are around £220-£250k; the sort of figure that, for example, Farrell & Sculthorpe (at his peak) were reported to be on. Very few players are even on that sort of money, let alone double it.

Even if we did have room under the cap (despite the £140k quote), Mason would be worth much less than that.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Would love it to be a real piss take against the RFL after what they did to us last year.

" wigan today announce the signing of willie mason on a 90k a year 3 year deal.also wigan have stated they will pay him 200k in a offshore account. wigan know this is not againsts the rules because the RFL have allowed unnamed clubs to use them for many seasons. so the wigan club felt no reason not to disclose all information regarding the signing"

P.S.. up yours RFL the bigboys are playing this game know.

would love to see the RFL reaction to a statment like this.

:D :D
pedro

Post by pedro »

would still get more fans than saints
wigwar

Post by wigwar »

I have no doubt Mason's presence and size would make him a formidable player to have in our pack and his reputation would have opposition forwards either quaking in their boots or all trying to lay one on him, giving the rest of our forwards a bit more space to go at.
However, my big objection to Mason is his attitude! I feel he would be a big drain on team spirit with his huge earnings and reputation for outspoken criticism. Does anyone want a guy in their team who tried to incite a strike in the NRL during last year's origin series, has just been released from his current contract because he can't get on with the administration and was hottly rumoured a couple of years ago to be in to recreational drugs??
I don't - especially when his earnings will prevent us from being able to keep any of our own home grown rising stars. Mason doesn't play for his team - he plays for the money and his own personal glory. If that ties in with the needs of the team, then great. If there is ever any conflict, Mason would always put himself above the team as a whole.
That's my opinion anyway!!