Lenegan has has denies Mason talks!

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
demt82

Lenegan has has denies Mason talks!

Post by demt82 »

Here is the link from the official website:

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news_full.asp?newsid=3419

Think Mason is just trying to use us to up his asking price after all!! :lol:
Doctor of medicine.(MBcHB)
You will be asleep soon.
Its only a little prick!
thegimble

Re: Lenegan has has denies Mas...

Post by thegimble »

Well that Willie not getting a bigger contract in Oz. The days were players use us for a larger contract is well and truly over.
JIMH

Re: Lenegan has has denies...

Post by JIMH »

yep, in days gone by maurice would have realised he was available for £1.5 over 3 years and gone and offered him £2m to make sure he signed
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

yeah well and truley gone we are lucky to sign any players with lennagan........

i know about the salery cap and understand but it just he said we wont sign anyone bg again....

how can you win trophy with no big names.....
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

shawcross da warrior posted:
yeah well and truley gone we are lucky to sign any players with lennagan........
Only because of the mess thats been left , unless you want some more points docked
i know about the salery cap and understand but it just he said we wont sign anyone bg again....
No he didn't say again ,he said not this year .

how can you win trophy with no big names.....
Ask Kear he did it with Shefield , and do you realy think he wont bring in top class players when he has the opportunity , give the bloke a chance .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bear

Post by Bear »

Hes only been here for the best part of a month... At least were signing better players than what millward and Mo did.
And if you played 17 fans every week for nothing, they would give 110% Every week. These aussies are all about the money
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Bear posted:
Hes only been here for the best part of a month... At least were signing better players than what millward and Mo did.
It was Mo who signed Barrett !! And Feka, TL, Renouf, Dallas, Richards, Lam, Carney, Iro, Hanley and numerous other good and some great players. Yes he made a few screw ups with the odd signing but it does make me laugh when people say things like what you have posted above.
And if you played 17 fans every week for nothing, they would give 110% Every week. These aussies are all about the money
And the fans would get beat every week. I really don't see how you can generalise and say the Aussies are just about money. They are pro sportsmen and so have to make as much as they can while they can but that applies equally to their British counterparts.

They also (most of them) want to do well and win things which again is no different than (most of) their British counterparts.

At the end of the day in this league to win things you need a core of really good experienced players and provided clubs keep within the overseas quota I don't care where they come from.

Dave
Bear

Post by Bear »

Dave... There was a reason i conbinded Millward and MO... When we were stuck for a prop he signed from lower league clubs. And it makes me laugh how you have aussies playing for Britain and all the rest of it. It sickenss me. I agree with your point about you not caring were they come from but im talking about the ones who just want money money money and dont care. Like in 2006 all the aussies went off before the Brits and diddnt care what the scoreline was.
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Bear posted:
Dave... There was a reason i conbinded Millward and MO... When we were stuck for a prop he signed from lower league clubs.
But that was Millward who was given free reign by Mo because that is what the fans wanted.
And it makes me laugh how you have aussies playing for Britain and all the rest of it. It sickenss me. I agree with your point about you not caring were they come from but im talking about the ones who just want money money money and dont care. Like in 2006 all the aussies went off before the Brits and diddnt care what the scoreline was.
I think you need to realise all the players playing for Wigan are professional players and what the implication of that really is. For some it will just be about money but it won't be just the Aussies who think like that. There will be plenty of British players who are only in it for the cash.

For example Wilde had the chance to move to Saints where you would think he has a better chance of silverware than at Hudds. Is the fact he remained at Hudds down to loyalty to Hudds or because they offered him more cash?

Dave Hodgson was linked with us but it has been posted he needed to look after his family from a financial point of view so while wanting to return to Wigan he had to take the better offer on the table. I can't blame him for that if true. Loyalty does not pay the bills.

All you can hope for in situations like the above is that once the players have got the wages they can command they then approach the game professionally and give 100%. In my opinion most do and it is only a very small percentage of players (both British and from overseas) that don't.

We have seen over recent season a number of British players at Wigan look like they couldn't give a toss at times. Wilde was one of those and there have been others.

Dave
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

But that was Millward who was given free reign by Mo because that is what the fans wanted.
Dave you really must stop peddling your theories as facts. Do you really want people to believe that Mo granted Millward free rein, and that this happened because the fans wished it so?

Have you met or spoken to either individual? I have (in 1 case on very many occasions) and I am in a position to tell you that Millward was not given free rein by Mo. For instance, he was prevented from replacing both Orr and Moran by MO personally. I know this as a fact from one of those involved.

Where do your "facts" come from?

With regard to signings from lower leagues, these were all brought on by an injury crisis mid season. When Millward had time to prepare in the close season the results were Higham, Richards, Feca and eventually Barrett.

By all means you are free to criticise and give your opinion but for some reason you present your theories as facts. If you can actually prove this to be the case I will be the first to apologise.