Lenegan has has denies Mason talks!

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: Lenegan has has denies...

Post by DaveO »

jinkin jimmy posted:
But that was Millward who was given free reign by Mo because that is what the fans wanted.
Dave you really must stop peddling your theories as facts. Do you really want people to believe that Mo granted Millward free rein, and that this happened because the fans wished it so?

Have you met or spoken to either individual? I have (in 1 case on very many occasions) and I am in a position to tell you that Millward was not given free rein by Mo. For instance, he was prevented from replacing both Orr and Moran by MO personally. I know this as a fact from one of those involved.
You know what Millward told you.
Where do your "facts" come from?
Statements made by Mo (and DW as well if I recall correctly ) to the press. They stated Millward would have a free hand over team recruitment. They made quite a point over this. I chose to believe what they said as I had no reason to think otherwise and some of the signings made in particular the Newton/ Higham deal reinforced the view that Millward was calling the shots.

As to it being because the fans wanted this then I certainly believe Mo in particular was someone who reacted to the fans opinion. All chairman do to varying degrees. For example IL has been upfront in my opinion because he sees this is what the fans want.
With regard to signings from lower leagues, these were all brought on by an injury crisis mid season. When Millward had time to prepare in the close season the results were Higham, Richards, Feca and eventually Barrett.
I have no reason to doubt what you say about what Millward told you with regards to Moran and Orr but even if we assume he was telling the truth, there is a big difference between getting rid of contracted players compared to signing new ones. The fact remains he signed the lower league players and Mo let him do so.
By all means you are free to criticise and give your opinion but for some reason you present your theories as facts. If you can actually prove this to be the case I will be the first to apologise.
My opinion Millward was given a free hand is based on statements made by Mo and DW at the time he was appointed and based on the players he signed such as replacing Newton with Higham. Higham was clearly a Millward favourite and the club went through that musical chairs transfer deal to get him for the coach.

I also think everyone has a realistic notion of what being given a free hand really means in that the chairman will have a final say on things, such as the Moran and Orr situation. I certainly do not think any coach is given a free hind in the literal sense but that with the appointment of Millward it became the coach who chose the players he wanted to get into the side as opposed to be being given a team by Mo to coach. Whether every request Millward made was granted I doubt but I do believe the players we did get were the ones he asked for.

Dave
right cross

Post by right cross »

dave have you ever been wrong , :lol: :lol:
Bear

Post by Bear »

He's at it again :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

right cross posted:
dave have you ever been wrong , :lol: :lol:
Oh yes!

He doesn't admit it, though!

:cool: :wink:
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

right cross posted:
dave
Thats right
have you
Most probably
Been
A few times
Wrong?
What me? Never
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

:eusa18: :lol1:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I like Dave

Ps Barret was signed before the appointment of Millward
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ddtftf posted:
Ps Barret was signed before the appointment of Millward
Yes he was. I'd forgotten about that.

Mind you the Higham deal had Millward all over it so unless someone can convince me that it wasn't his idea to sign him I fail to see how they can say it wasn't a Millward signing.

Even JJ said this:
When Millward had time to prepare in the close season the results were Higham, Richards, Feca and eventually Barrett.
So was he behind those signings or not? If he was then what I said about Millward calling the shots regarding signings must be true.

Dave
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

ddtftf posted:
I like Dave
Me too! Three cheers for Dave. :lol: [/img]
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

andybailey147

Post by andybailey147 »

we will certainly get a centre now then wont we?