where's the fans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
BIG AL

where's the fans

Post by BIG AL »

can any one explain where the fans are . its the second game of the new season where at home where playing a local super league team and less than 7000 turn up .and dont any one tell me its dinner time or its sunday or i had to go to assda with the wife .what surprises me is the number of season ticket holders that dont go to cup or play off games where i sit there where at least 8 people not there who i expect to see next week. :conf:
lil_miss_deacon

Re: where's the fans

Post by lil_miss_deacon »

what fans? :wink: :wink: :cool: :D :) :lol: :wink: :D
!Bradford4eva!
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

Well Lil Miss Deacon, at least those of us who were there saw our team progress into the next round of the cup. Before you get too cocky, I can remember being in a crowd of around 3,500 at Odsal, in the days before Bradfors turned an afternoon at the rugby into a cross between a circus and a disco.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
lil_miss_deacon

i'm not getting cocky, i like wigan, its a good team, i live nearer to wigan! my family suport wigan, i'm only messin! i think wigan are a really good team! :eusa3:
!Bradford4eva!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I think the BBC coverage had a lot to do with it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
lil_miss_deacon

Probs, the JJB stadium were nearly empty! i were like :o
!Bradford4eva!
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

it was quiet att wise, at the start of last year also.. the crowd got bigger was we got better...

i was not surprised by the crowd.. expecting bout the same on sun.. maybe 7, 7.5.
obv, bigger the team bigger the draw.. only us die hards venture out on a sunday aft, when it is on the tele.. LOL

lil_miss_deacon

thats just lazy!
!Bradford4eva!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

BIG AL posted:
can any one explain where the fans are . its the second game of the new season where at home where playing a local super league team and less than 7000 turn up .and dont any one tell me its dinner time or its sunday or i had to go to assda with the wife .what surprises me is the number of season ticket holders that dont go to cup or play off games where i sit there where at least 8 people not there who i expect to see next week. :conf:
Maybe we've paid out lots of money for the season ticket and there's not much left over to pay for cup games? That's certainly a factor for me, but in this particular case work was the reason I didn't go, and the reason I'm going to miss all the other Challenge Cup games this year as well. I know lots of people like Sundays, but some of us have to work some weekends so it's a real pain when we've got a game during the day. Not many people work Friday evenings, except in pubs and clubs, and that's why I always vote in favour of Friday night.

Time to move Challenge Cup games away from weekends as well I think! Moi, je ne suis pas du tout content parce-que je ne peut pas aller en France en deux semaines pour le match a cause du travail. J'ai toujours des souvenirs de cette jour a Perpignan il y a deux ans, c'etait superbe mais cet annee ce n'est pas possible. La France me manque! Vive la treize!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
warriors

Post by warriors »

me girlfrieng etc, had a family meal that we had planned. but we all wish that we was thier, an not had the meal.