where's the fans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Re: where's the fans

Post by robjoenz »

BIG AL posted:
what surprises me is the number of season ticket holders that dont go to cup or play off games where i sit there where at least 8 people not there who i expect to see next week. :conf:
They may have sat in different seats, we pushed the boat out and sat in the East Stand!
feed_the_lam

Post by feed_the_lam »

I'm livin in France as part of a Uni course until April so I'm gonna make the journey down south to watch the game in 2 weeks. I'm just tryin to find directions and a way of gettin down their. Im back home (wigan) as I'm writin this but head back to France on Sunday. Does anyone know any onfo about getting there or anything. No idea where the ground is either? Didn't go to Perpignan a few years ago, any of you lot making the trek?
DaNnY jOnEs

Post by DaNnY jOnEs »

i was at work but iv told them i definatly havin next rounds off. coz they giv the football fan time off to watch matchs but they dnt no he only goes watchin them at the pub. as 4 u deacon wonder how many fans will b at odsal in the nxt round (oopps sory) hahahahahaha!
if you hate St.Helens clap your hands!
mario

Post by mario »

think the crowd on sunday was down to too much sport on the tv. liverpool/leeds carling cup final and it's too easy for a lot of people to sit down in front of the telly and watch both the rugby league games without going out the house. think it will be a lot better on sunday.
mario

Post by mario »

feed_the_lam posted:
I'm livin in France as part of a Uni course until April so I'm gonna make the journey down south to watch the game in 2 weeks. I'm just tryin to find directions and a way of gettin down their. Im back home (wigan) as I'm writin this but head back to France on Sunday. Does anyone know any onfo about getting there or anything. No idea where the ground is either? Didn't go to Perpignan a few years ago, any of you lot making the trek?
go onto multimap.com and get directions. had a look yesterday, looks like the nearest airport is barcelona for anyone traveling from britain
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

mario posted:
had a look yesterday, looks like the nearest airport is barcelona for anyone traveling from britain
Erm, I think you'll find there are several closer! For the UTC game in 2002 we flew to Perpignan itself, and there is also an airport at Toulouse. I would be very surprised if there's not also an airport at Bordeaux, and this may be the closest major airport. Last time there was a trip organised by some of the supporters, this may happen again this year but then again maybe not? I'm working, so it doesn't matter to me, but you certainly won't have to go to Spain to get there!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
kt4ever_1

Post by kt4ever_1 »

i live far up north so my brother and i go to as many away way games as possible we give most support away. :D :) :cool:
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!
kt4ever_1

Post by kt4ever_1 »

If you go to www.wiganrl.com you have a map with directions on the story hope that will help. :cool:
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Fraggle posted:
Erm, I think you'll find there are several closer! For the UTC game in 2002 we flew to Perpignan itself, and there is also an airport at Toulouse. I would be very surprised if there's not also an airport at Bordeaux, and this may be the closest major airport. Last time there was a trip organised by some of the supporters, this may happen again this year but then again maybe not? I'm working, so it doesn't matter to me, but you certainly won't have to go to Spain to get there!
Barca might be closer for cheap airline airports, i.e. the airports that easyjet and BMI baby will fly to.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Ryan air go to Perpignan, Carcasonne and Toulouse. But they only fly from Stansted, which adds a lot to the total journey cost. Last time I went Stansted->Perignan with Ryan air and made a weekned out of it. There wasn't much to do on the sunday though...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐