Rock FM

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
craigbeck

Rock FM

Post by craigbeck »

Just wanted to hi from Rock FM (Warriors shirt sponsors). We are starting up the fans forum again, so if you are at the bar after the match on Sunday I will see you there!

Craig
:D

http://www.rockfm.co.uk

http://www.rockfm.co.uk/nav?action=feature&id=1460

Sponsor Of Wigan Warriors
robjoenz

Re: Rock FM

Post by robjoenz »

I worked near Blackburn for a year last year, listened to Rock FM all virtually everyday, Monday to Friday and there was hardly any mention of Wigan (just in news).

What we need is some good promotion, to raise awareness that we exist and bring some excitement. How do Rock FM plan to support Wigan in the best way?

Thanks
mario

Post by mario »

rock fm still give the warriors more support than wish fm! all they talk about is saints and latics!
craigbeck

Post by craigbeck »

Hi Rob,

We have been wanting to get involved with Wigan Warriors for a long time, but we are essentially a hit music station for Wigan, not a sports station. So we came up with our shirt sponsorship, and this ploughs money into the club (and I am sure all true Warriors agree that is a good thing).

We don’t do full match commentary but we show our support in other ways:

1. We arranged the official launch of the new away shirt the other day.
2. I will be at the JJB stadium with the news and sports team for every home game.
3. We will be running the fans forum in the John Smith’s suite at full time
4. On my show last week (1pm – 4pm) 5 people won pairs of tickets to any home game of their choice
5. One lucky Wigan lad won the opportunity to be the mascot for the match last Sunday

This season we are planning more ‘money can’t buy’ prizes and exclusive give aways so make sure you tune in!

If you have any thoughts on how we can support the Warriors better send me an email craig.beck@rockfm.co.uk

Craig

Ps. surely mentioning the Saints (spit) is a sin on this site!!!!

Sponsor Of Wigan Warriors
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Well its good to see the sponsers speaking directly to the fans. Keep up the good work!
:D
lil_miss_deacon

Post by lil_miss_deacon »

Just wanna say that rock fm is the best radio station there is!!!!!! but one thing.......COME ON YOU BULLS!!!
!Bradford4eva!
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

why cant anyone see there is a massive hole in the promotion of the warriors how many adverts for the widnes game did anyone see how manny times did any radio station mention it local papers billboards where are the sponsers just giving out balloons for the kids at asda when was the last time anyone saw a player signing autographs for fans in a public place just ask the fans and they will turn up dont and they will watch it on sky.a simple message to the sponsor is this please create some intrest for the wavering fans.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

the grinch posted:
why cant anyone see there is a massive hole in the promotion of the warriors how many adverts for the widnes game did anyone see how manny times did any radio station mention it local papers billboards where are the sponsers just giving out balloons for the kids at asda when was the last time anyone saw a player signing autographs for fans in a public place just ask the fans and they will turn up dont and they will watch it on sky.a simple message to the sponsor is this please create some intrest for the wavering fans.
I made exactly the same point in an email to him.
Around Bradford there are big bill boards advertising the game. They get kids on pitch and play games and stuff. You all probably saw the smoke coming from the bulls nostrils at the entrance to the tunnel. The announcer on the pitch is a big fan and gets the crowd going, stirring up a bit of atmopshere. You look at the bulls mascots, there are a couple and they look mean, we get some camp teddy that perves on the dancers. They have people with big flags running across the pitch when a try is scored and last year they had a go kart going round the pitch when a try was scored. They've got it licked in Bradford and consequently get the best gates. If every club could do the same we would have a sport biting at the heels on football.
lil_miss_deacon

Post by lil_miss_deacon »

robjoenz posted:
the grinch posted:
I made exactly the same point in an email to him.
Around Bradford there are big bill boards advertising the game. They get kids on pitch and play games and stuff. You all probably saw the smoke coming from the bulls nostrils at the entrance to the tunnel. The announcer on the pitch is a big fan and gets the crowd going, stirring up a bit of atmopshere. You look at the bulls mascots, there are a couple and they look mean, we get some camp teddy that perves on the dancers. They have people with big flags running across the pitch when a try is scored and last year they had a go kart going round the pitch when a try was scored. They've got it licked in Bradford and consequently get the best gates. If every club could do the same we would have a sport biting at the heels on football.

*bows*

but a bulls famn like me living in Lancashire, all i see around is wigan this wigan that! i went into JJB once wiv ma bulls shirt on and got chucked out! i were like :o charmin!
!Bradford4eva!
king carney

Post by king carney »

i like to hear more promotion for the warriors it seems to live on word of mouth alone. rock fm must do alot for the club behind the scences but it doesnt seem to show up with the fans where it counts and most of all rock fm are in a great position as a very well supported station to attract lots of new supporters. dont get me wrong i support any good publicity we get and thank you for it.