travel to limoux

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

travel to limoux

Post by Mike »

Who's going? How are you getting there.

The trip to Perpignan in 2002 was ace, a great friendly atmosphere in the stadium - chatting to the locals even if all I could say was treize bien, quince merde . :eh:

I went Ryan air to Perpignan last time, but Toulouse and Carcassonne are also near. Only Ryan air go to these and only from Stansted which is a real pain to get to. Barcellona could be an option, but the flights are more expensive becasue its popular.

Any offical / supporters assoc trips in the pipelines?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
warrior till i die

Re: travel to limoux

Post by warrior till i die »

Mike posted:

The trip to Perpignan in 2002 was ace, a great friendly atmosphere in the stadium - chatting to the locals even if all I could say was treize bien, quince merde . :eh:

I went Ryan air to Perpignan last time, but Toulouse and Carcassonne are also near. Only Ryan air go to these and only from Stansted which is a real pain to get to. Barcellona could be an option, but the flights are more expensive becasue its popular.

Mike posted:

were going. Go every wigan match. Were goin by boat then travellin down in car :)
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Mike posted:
Father Ted from the Riversiders arranged the "official" Perpignan trip with a sports travel company whose name escapes me, maybe he's doing the same this year? I've not been able to get to any Riversiders meetings for ages so I don't know, there should have been a meeting tonight but like everything at the moment I was too busy to go..
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
mario

Post by mario »

MAYFAIR TRAVEL are organizing a trip.said they would have a price sometime this morning.
tel. 01942 829988
feed_the_lam

Post by feed_the_lam »

I'm travelling down on Sat and stayin over in Limoux, goin by train from Paris coz I'll already be in France around that time for work ( a real piece of luck!)Its one of these dead fast TGV trains and I change in Montpellier. Lots of travel but well worth it. Got absolutely no idea where the ground is or anything, hope to see a few wigan shirts knocking around town to guide me on Sunday! Found a hotel online and looking forward to a class weekend before the game. Let me know what all your plans are, c u all there I hope!
mario

Post by mario »

MAYFAIR TRAVEL £219.
CHARTERED FLIGHT FROM LIVERPOOL AT 8AM TO CARCASSONNE.
COACH FROM THERE TO LIMOUX( EXPECTED TO HAVE 3 HRS IN LIMOUX BEFORE THE GAME) RETURN TO LIVERPOOL FOR 830PM. MEALS INCLUDED
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

mario posted:
MAYFAIR TRAVEL £219.
COACH FROM THERE TO LIMOUX( EXPECTED TO HAVE 3 HRS IN LIMOUX BEFORE THE GAME) RETURN TO LIVERPOOL FOR 830PM. MEALS INCLUDED
Ah, not even a full day - it's hardly worth bothering to go! Last time out was an evening kick-off so we had all afternoon kicking around the town before the match, although it meant an early start and a very late finish.

One thing people do need to be aware of is the fact that it should be significantly warmer there than here! Sounds obvious, but for the UTC game it was about 4C and snowing at Liverpool when we set off, and about 17C and sunny in Perpignan although it went cool again at night. Most people were too hot as they had dressed for the UK weather, although I went the other way and froze before and after the flight!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
mario

Post by mario »

there is an executive package on wiganrl.com from blackpool with the team for £275
mario

Post by mario »

mario posted:
MAYFAIR TRAVEL £219.
match ticket not included and the capacity is only 3000 so if anybody is going on this trip i would order your ticket from the jjb