Re: Vaealiki to Quins! Carmont...

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Sorry but this is another bit of none news from that publication.

DV was out of contract so where he ended up given IL said we would not be re-signing him was of no consequence to Wigan. Even what is written in that article regarding DV going to Quins is still speculation.

So why on earth they link the possible move to Quins of DV making it possible for Wigan to sign Carmont I really do not know. DV has already left the club.

The two things, should they both happen are not dependant on each other. That is Wigan do not have to get rid of DV to sign Carmont which is what the article implies.

This bit:

"And the move could finally open the door for Warriors to sign Newcastle Knights threequarter George Carmont."

is absolute cr@p. "the move" isn't a move at all. DV isn't our player anymore!

The article is also just paraphrasing the rumour (because that is all it is) that Wigan will actually sign Carmont.

They are just filling up column inches with message board speculation once again.

Dave
Bear

Re: Vaealiki to Quins! Car...

Post by Bear »

Correct Dave :wink: :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

yeah i was thinking that myslef dave when i read it on the site.... :conf:
Likely_Lad

Post by Likely_Lad »

DaveO posted:

DV was out of contract so where he ended up given IL said we would not be re-signing him was of no consequence to Wigan. Even what is written in that article regarding DV going to Quins is still speculation.

So why on earth they link the possible move to Quins of DV making it possible for Wigan to sign Carmont I really do not know. DV has already left the club.

The two things, should they both happen are not dependant on each other. That is Wigan do not have to get rid of DV to sign Carmont which is what the article implies.

This bit:

"And the move could finally open the door for Warriors to sign Newcastle Knights threequarter George Carmont."

The article is also just paraphrasing the rumour (because that is all it is) that Wigan will actually sign Carmont.

They are just filling up column inches with message board speculation once again.

Dave
To be fair, what else do you expect them to write about? They have a job to fill up the column inches and, with nothing else really going on at the minute, they don't really have much choice but to speculate.
The poster formerly knows as Wizard_Millward.

I wasn't as fit or strong as before but my two biggest muscles still worked - my heart and my head - Kris Radlinski.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Likely_Lad posted:
DaveO posted:

This bit:

Dave
To be fair, what else do you expect them to write about? They have a job to fill up the column inches and, with nothing else really going on at the minute, they don't really have much choice but to speculate.
That article is not just speculation it is inaccurate.

DV is not a Wigan player so the fact he might end up at Quins does not mean Wigan will now be able to sign Carmont.

It has nothing to with it.

This bit I quoted:

Is just plain wrong.

Dave
XIII

Post by XIII »

Been told DV is back in NZ, and is going to be playing Kick and Clap there next season.
Wigan Till I Die!!

We've had Barrett and Kenny, Edwards and Hanley, Boston and 8 IN A ROW!!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

In todays League Weekly it states that Vaealiki and CARMONT are to be signed by the Quins.( nosey parker)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
thomo

Post by thomo »

rumours, rumours, rumours

What happened to Karl Pryce coming here - if Carmont goes to London we still need a centre?

Has the Hutch Mavia one gone any further

Also in the paper today that Mossop has signed a longer deal - is this yet another second rower/back rower that we have signed
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

josie andrews posted:
In todays League Weekly it states that Vaealiki and CARMONT are to be signed by the Quins.( nosey parker)
Well, that one's already at least half wrong!

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... aliki.html
right cross

Post by right cross »

there's going to be 1 or 2 signings this week :wink: