Hill to Widnes - possible new prop

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Hill to Widnes - possible new prop

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

On the WEP Website. I have the sinking feeling that this move maybe in connection with events happening with feka, maybe they are getting worried. I only say that because they said they would not be bringing in any front rowers and since feka has been charged it seems they done a u-turn on that
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Hill to Widnes - possible ...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
standishwarrior

Re: Hill to Widnes - possible ...

Post by standishwarrior »

Wigan_forever19 85 posted:
On the WEP Website. I have the sinking feeling that this move maybe in connection with events happening with feka, maybe they are getting worried. I only say that because they said they would not be bringing in any front rowers and since feka has been charged it seems they done a u-turn on that
iv just listened to an interview by noble on offical website he says there still looking to strengthen the squad maybe one or two more to come yet
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Hill to Widnes - possi...

but you not remember the No More Props statement by Lenagan?, i hope im wrong and they have just found they have more left in the kitty than they thought but i have a feeling that the feka incident and this move are linked
standishwarrior

could well be mate! did all this with feka happen before or after IL said they wont be after anymore props?if it happened after they new then maybe feka will be ok cant see IL saying somthing like that knowing feka would be in trouble and they'd have to replace him?
Wigan_forever1985

he made the statement after the incident but before feka was formally charged. Thats what makes me think it may be linked, maybe he thought the incident would just disapate and now that court looms IL is thinking about a contingency plan. Its no great loss either way, i was never impressed by hill he was a big unit but never seemed to do anything with it
standishwarrior

going off what noble said in that interview he was expecting bigthings from o'carroll and tomkins so doesnt sound like hill would of got a look in anyway.
ince warrior

Post by ince warrior »

IMO its not looking good if Hill goes, we've got a weak enough pack as it is without losing players. If we sign another front rower fair enough but then we've still got the same amount of players as we did with Hill. I can't see Hill being a big part of our salary budget so I wouldn't bank on being able to get more than one player out of his salary (assuming we keep Feka, which is another matter). It would to be honest make more sense to offload Feka or Fielden and get a couple of quality props out of either of their big salaries and keep Hill and let him develop into a top player.
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGAN!!!

WRLFC & SCFC FOR LIFE!!!

WE HATE LATICS, SAINTS, MACCLESFIELD, BURNLEY, CITY, LEEDS, WIRE AND WREXHAM!!!!
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

ince warrior posted:
IMO its not looking good if Hill goes, we've got a weak enough pack as it is without losing players. If we sign another front rower fair enough but then we've still got the same amount of players as we did with Hill. I can't see Hill being a big part of our salary budget so I wouldn't bank on being able to get more than one player out of his salary (assuming we keep Feka, which is another matter). It would to be honest make more sense to offload Feka or Fielden and get a couple of quality props out of either of their big salaries and keep Hill and let him develop into a top player.
Tell me you're kidding.

Unload either Fielden or Feka so that we can keep Hill?

I'm no fan of Feka's, but at least he knocks people down for the short time he's on. Hill offers nothing at all from what I've seen.

I simply don't agree that losing Hill will weaken us. Our pack looks pretty good to me:

Props - Fielden, Feka, Coley, Prescott, O'Carroll
Hookers - Higham, McIlorum
Back row - Bailey, Hansen, Hock, O'Loughlin

And that's ignoring the exciting kids who are expected to get first team shirts next year. Sure, I'd like another prop, but wouldn't we all. Unfortunately, the salary cap prevents you from signing endless numbers of auxiliary players.

To my mind, the only way we'll sign a new prop is if Feka goes to jail, and if that happens, we'll have the whole of his salary to use, so I doubt it will be a problem.

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Again we have to wait until Iafeta's hearing in december and possible punishments that may occur. Hill to Widnes is ok IMO we didnt really need him last year and wont need him in 2008 compared to the likes of Eamonn et al.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame