Who will Sign Next?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Cruncher

Re: Who will Sign Next?

Post by Cruncher »

standishwarrior posted:
God posted:
Cohen what the hell? why would we even consider this guy. To be perfectly honest im not bothered who we sign as long as its a prop forward. An established player or a promising youngster either way it will complete the squad.
I feel that we have reached the limit of the cap unless somebody can proove otherwise.The room left by Hill would have been filled by the new contract thats been dished out to one of our youngsters.

if you read what IL says on offical website the money hill's wage has freed up will be used with what ever's left on the cap space to bring in someone else!
I too believe there's going to be one more signing. But I don't see why people want it to be a prop. In Fielden, Feka, Coley, Prescott and O'Carroll, we already have five. Yet in Goulding, Carmont, and Bailey, we only have three centres, one of whom hasn't played much in the first team, and one of whom is more than likely going into the second row.

To me, we need an outside back. Preferably someone who's comfortable at both centre and wing.
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

Cruncher posted:
standishwarrior posted:
God posted:
Cohen what the hell? why would we even consider this guy. To be perfectly honest im not bothered who we sign as long as its a prop forward. An established player or a promising youngster either way it will complete the squad.
I feel that we have reached the limit of the cap unless somebody can proove otherwise.The room left by Hill would have been filled by the new contract thats been dished out to one of our youngsters.

if you read what IL says on offical website the money hill's wage has freed up will be used with what ever's left on the cap space to bring in someone else!
I too believe there's going to be one more signing. But I don't see why people want it to be a prop. In Fielden, Feka, Coley, Prescott and O'Carroll, we already have five. Yet in Goulding, Carmont, and Bailey, we only have three centres, one of whom hasn't played much in the first team, and one of whom is more than likely going into the second row.

To me, we need an outside back. Preferably someone who's comfortable at both centre and wing.

thats what i was thinking aswell!seems daft bringing in another prop when we got enough cover in that position. looks more likely bailey will be playing in 2nd row(thats his natural position imo) so someone who's a centre/winger will provide more than enough cover in the backs
thomo

Post by thomo »

people feel we need a prop because most sides have four first choice front line props - we have three - Fielden, Feka and Coley
Prescott and O'Carroll are just kids who are not built like front rowers for the super league and need time to develop
standishwarrior

thomo posted:
people feel we need a prop because most sides have four first choice front line props - we have three - Fielden, Feka and Coley
Prescott and O'Carroll are just kids who are not built like front rowers for the super league and need time to develop
and the only chance of them developing is by playing every week.if we sign another prop then what chance have they got of developing?imo prescott did nothing wrong last season and deserves a chance next season
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

standishwarrior posted:
thomo posted:
and the only chance of them developing is by playing every week.if we sign another prop then what chance have they got of developing?imo prescott did nothing wrong last season and deserves a chance next season
I think the point was that they like the physical size of an established prop. You don't get that by playing. You are either big enough or you are not.

If we signed an established prop it would allow Coley to be a direct replacement for Fletcher i.e. second row who can play prop if needs be because I for one don't see Coley as genuine prop.

So with three out and out props plus O'Carroll and Prescott we are better off than with "two and half" props plus those two.

Coley moving to 2nd row as a result would also give us three centres in Bailey, Carmont and Goulding.

Dave
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

standishwarrior posted:
thomo posted:
I agree, both played pretty well IMO. Besides, who could we buy now who's better than these two youngsters? And please no-one tell me Hutch whatever his name is. That's just the sort of poor 'any foreignter will do' signing that's likely to send Prescott and O'Carroll scuttling off to another club.
thomo

Post by thomo »

Point I was trying to make was Prescott and O'Carrol could be great players but front row (bar the odd one of two) is an older mans role not a young boys position - think they need to out on 10KG each and have the bulk to go forward - can't doubt their committment.
A new prop to rotate with Feka is what would be good and then Fielden could play 60 minutes with Coley having a 20 minute spell in the front row while fielden is rested and spend some of the time in the second row while Hock is rested.
If Bailey plays in the second row then hopefully we will have four forwards on the bench - Feka, Mcullrum, Coley and Hock - what an impact bench that would be and yes I would bring hock off the bench as through he was superb doing that at the end of last season after his injury
standishwarrior

DaveO posted:
standishwarrior posted:
thomo posted:
I think the point was that they like the physical size of an established prop. You don't get that by playing. You are either big enough or you are not.

If we signed an established prop it would allow Coley to be a direct replacement for Fletcher i.e. second row who can play prop if needs be because I for one don't see Coley as genuine prop.

So with three out and out props plus O'Carroll and Prescott we are better off than with "two and half" props plus those two.

Coley moving to 2nd row as a result would also give us three centres in Bailey, Carmont and Goulding.

Dave
but bailey isnt a centre! he's far more effective in the 2nd row and it looks like thats where he'l play next season.we've got enough cover in the 2nd row so surely that means coley's going to be used as a prop. thats why i think there bringing in another back
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Will there be a signing tomorrow, a friend of mine reckons a couple of tools on rlfans are saying an anouncemant will be made tomorrow
standishwarrior

medlocke posted:
Will there be a signing tomorrow, a friend of mine reckons a couple of tools on rlfans are saying an anouncemant will be made tomorrow

isnt it feka's court hearing tomorrow? iv been reading that on rlfans think it might be a wind up tbh