Who will Sign Next?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
lucky 13

Re: Who will Sign Next?

Post by lucky 13 »

Morph posted:
I can't believe you believe it.
Well obviously I didn't beleive it. That's probably why I posted that "I can't beleive it" :conf: emphasis on the "can't" and "believe" bit.
Who do you think you are Victor Meldrew :roll: :lol1:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

standishwarrior posted:
DaveO posted:
standishwarrior posted: and the only chance of them developing is by playing every week.if we sign another prop then what chance have they got of developing?imo prescott did nothing wrong last season and deserves a chance next season
I think the point was that they like the physical size of an established prop. You don't get that by playing. You are either big enough or you are not.

If we signed an established prop it would allow Coley to be a direct replacement for Fletcher i.e. second row who can play prop if needs be because I for one don't see Coley as genuine prop.

So with three out and out props plus O'Carroll and Prescott we are better off than with "two and half" props plus those two.

Coley moving to 2nd row as a result would also give us three centres in Bailey, Carmont and Goulding.

Dave
but bailey isnt a centre! he's far more effective in the 2nd row and it looks like thats where he'l play next season.we've got enough cover in the 2nd row so surely that means coley's going to be used as a prop. thats why i think there bringing in another back
I am sure Coley will be used as a prop and the squad numbers show Bailey will be in the 2nd row. However while he is hardly the worlds best attacking centre not much gets past him. The point I was making though was that while bailey may not be a centre Coley isn't really a prop so adding a genuine one to the squad would allow the players to be used as I said above which I think is better as it gives us three centres.

Given Bailey is no. 12 that means he will start so we will have the only three players who can play centre all on the pitch from the kick off. I have my reservations about Goulding doing a full season in the starting 13 and we have no cover with Bailey in the 2nd row. If Goulding has to go off for a rest his replacement will have been doing the hard graft in the pack already.

So do we bring in another centre as cover or another prop?

I'd prefer another prop because as I have said I don't consider Coley an out and out prop.

Dave
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

it looks like wigan are going to be bringing in another back dave. check out wigantoday.net IL says he's after someone who's 23/24, a signing longterm!
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

Pryce?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

standishwarrior posted:
it looks like wigan are going to be bringing in another back dave. check out wigantoday.net IL says he's after someone who's 23/24, a signing longterm!
Unless they are quoting directly from IL I would have to keep the Victor Meldrew theme going and say "I don't believe it!"

Dave
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

DaveO posted:
standishwarrior posted:
Unless they are quoting directly from IL I would have to keep the Victor Meldrew theme going and say "I don't believe it!"

Dave
It is framed as a direct quote from IL, Dave.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN posted:
DaveO posted:
standishwarrior posted:

Dave
It is framed as a direct quote from IL, Dave.
Yes I have seen it now. Good news and some real news in the WEP for once!

Dave
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

dont know who that could be then becaus i dont think it will be pryce that deal has gone i feel....
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Maybe the lad from Newcastle knights who people were talking about a couple of months back might be a goer.

James McManus wasn't it?

and he's scottish so we acn't be accused off bringing too many foreigners in.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

NICKYKISS posted:
and he's scottish so we acn't be accused off bringing too many foreigners in.
We could because under the new quota rules he'd be classed as an overseas player. He has not progressed through Wigan's or any other UK clubs academy so therefore he is an overseas player by the new rules.

Just like Pat Richards who we got under the existing quota because he is "Irish". Pat will become an overseas quota player under the new rules as well.

Dave