New version of site

Information and Rules for new message board users, plus FAQs for many common topics. Check here to see if your question has already been answered before posting on other forums.
ancientnloyal

Re: New version of site

Post by ancientnloyal »

Very good idea Mike, i'm sure more people have information they wish to share on several topics and with policing, should make a very user-friendly website for the club's fans.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Mike posted:
Hi all

I am quite close to having a version of the new site that I will release. Unfortunately its awkward to have two concurrent versions running, so I'm going to bite the bullet and go live straight away (not usually a wise move!). Everyone's help in pointing out broken links and misssing functions will be most helpfull.

One of the major changes will be that everyone will have permissions to update lots of the content on the site. It will work very much like wikipedia in this respect. I am hoping this will encourage the users of the site to maintain an uptodate and compresensive resource about Wigan, rather than that task being done by just a few people. Becuase of this opening of access, we will need moderators for each section of the site to protect against vandalism, duplication and poor english. Is anyone interested in doing this job?

The sections that are open will include News, Profiles, Past Seasons, Directions, Stadiums and more.

Let me know your thoughts on this thread.
Great stuff, Mike!

Count me in as a mod if you like, and I'm always doing a lot of Beta testing for other programs, so I'll do my best with the broken bits!

Will it be like Wiki in that you'll know who did any editing, so any vandals can be spanked?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

GeoffN posted:

Will it be like Wiki in that you'll know who did any editing, so any vandals can be spanked?
Yep - and a history for each object for ease of restoration, and moderator alert emails. All these new features will take a while to get working smoothly and in a way that everyone gets on with.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

ill help with 1 ever i can mike ,dont get on much to police though :wink: and i cant help with spelling
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

Mike

Ill mod whatever for you
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Mike posted:
GeoffN posted:

Yep - and a history for each object for ease of restoration, and moderator alert emails. All these new features will take a while to get working smoothly and in a way that everyone gets on with.
Sounds like you've been busy Mike, I'm looking forward to seeing the new site and am happy to help in any way...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Fraggle posted:

Sounds like you've been busy Mike, I'm looking forward to seeing the new site and am happy to help in any way...
It will definitely need Fraggling from time to time...
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Will we be able to use the explorers back button on the new site, as it does me tits in every time i do it on here and the page has expired. (or is it just my PC)
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

medlocke posted:
Will we be able to use the explorers back button on the new site, as it does me tits in every time i do it on here and the page has expired. (or is it just my PC)
Mozilla Firefox doesn't seem to have that problem Medlocke
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I keep meening to switch to firefox i've got it loaded but can't be bothered loading in all my favourites again, might try it again though