New version of site

Information and Rules for new message board users, plus FAQs for many common topics. Check here to see if your question has already been answered before posting on other forums.
highland convert

Re: New version of site

Post by highland convert »

Mike, One thing I find very handy on other sites with a wide veriety of threads and topics is "posts since last visit" Just a thought as some topics on here I loose because Subject does not match thread,
HC
warriors

Post by warriors »

Mike,

You could have the new site as a sub-domain.
People can test it this way.
But still have the main site running.

I was also thinking that you could have a search engine built in.
People will be able to find the info that is needed easier.

P.s What are the problems that you are having, im a web designer i might be able to help you.
or do some reaseach.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
Would it be possible to have a photo gallery on the new site, So any pictures that the fans take at the games we can up-load and keep them all in one gallery for others to see? :conf:

I like the idea of that :) If its not to much work.
Excellent idea!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Its is a good idea. We can sort of do that now, I'd just have to give whoever wanted it permissions to edit the images section (which I'm going to do anyway in the new version). I will try to put together a User Gallery page for each user in one of the next releases of the site.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Mike posted:
Its is a good idea. We can sort of do that now, I'd just have to give whoever wanted it permissions to edit the images section (which I'm going to do anyway in the new version). I will try to put together a User Gallery page for each user in one of the next releases of the site.
Would you be able to put video on it? I notice a lot are putting on Youtube but it would be good on here
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Maybe - it would probably mean uploading to You Tube then submitting the You Tube link to this site.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Mike posted:
Maybe - it would probably mean uploading to You Tube then submitting the You Tube link to this site.
That would be good to have maybe a separate section for this if its possible