New version of site

Information and Rules for new message board users, plus FAQs for many common topics. Check here to see if your question has already been answered before posting on other forums.
Mike
Site Admin

New version of site

Post by Mike »

Hi everyone

I was planing to add a few new features to the site, like donatinos and an insider rating.

I decided to do more than this and produce a full rewrite of the site. My aim is to produce a more efficeint version of the code that will be faster and allow far more users than the current site before we encounter problems.

Now is the time to suggest any improvements to the site as it stands at the moment, or to ask for new features.

I am a couple of weeks away from a demo and then probably a couple of weeks from a beta testing version. However, if anyone is interested in being a beta tester for the site, please put your name here. I'm looking for some people who will be willing to test out the new site (the same information will be available in both sites) and tell me about problems or general comments.

Ideally I need at least one moderator to help out, as they will be able to help test the new moderater interface (which I haven't written yet!)

Cheers
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
mike binder

Re: New version of site

Post by mike binder »

[quote]Mike posted:
Hi everyone

I was planing to add a few new features to the site, like donatinos and an insider rating.

I decided to do more than this and produce a full rewrite of the site. My aim is to produce a more efficeint version of the code that will be faster and allow far more users than the current site before we encounter problems.

Now is the time to suggest any improvements to the site as it stands at the moment, or to ask for new features.

I am a couple of weeks away from a demo and then probably a couple of weeks from a beta testing version. However, if anyone is interested in being a beta tester for the site, please put your name here. I'm looking for some people who will be willing to test out the new site (the same information will be available in both sites) and tell me about problems or general comments.

Ideally I need at least one moderator to help out, as they will be able to help test the new moderater interface (which I haven't written yet!)

Cheers
[/quoteim waiting for the invite mike :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

when you learn to use the quoting functions properly! :lol:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Mike posted:
Hi everyone

Cheers

will that do :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Mike posted:

Cheers
Hi Mike

Given that I'm currently off work and unable to go anywhere after breaking two bones in my right ankle, I'm very happy to get involved with this. I need to have something to keep myself occupied over the next few weeks (I've been signed off work until March - can't decide if a :( or :D is most appropriate! Happy not to work, sad because of the boredom and frustration and possibility I won't be fit for the start of the season...!)
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Fraggle posted:
Mike posted:

Cheers
Hi Mike

Given that I'm currently off work and unable to go anywhere after breaking two bones in my right ankle, I'm very happy to get involved with this. I need to have something to keep myself occupied over the next few weeks (I've been signed off work until March - can't decide if a :( or :D is most appropriate! Happy not to work, sad because of the boredom and frustration and possibility I won't be fit for the start of the season...!)
:wink:oh no a police man till march best get my spelling book out then :eh:

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

First suggestion. Why not incorporate a spell checker? Then numpties like me might look ecucated. :)
CherryandWhiteandProud

Post by CherryandWhiteandProud »

highland convert posted:
First suggestion. Why not incorporate a spell checker? Then numpties like me might look ecucated. :)
Seconded. :blush: You can probably find a site that'll give you code for one.

Make the post number optional? With 412 or whatever I feel inferior.
:lol:
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

I'll help out if I can mike :D
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Probably have a fan's seat section... Each user can highlight their seat in the east, south or west stand purely for informational analysis. Then track each user on a big grid/image

:D :wink: :D

Donations would be a good idea (paypal link perhaps?)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame