new rule for 20meter restart

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
turf

Re: new rule for 20meter r...

Post by turf »

Medlocke posted:

Where you been Turfy, we've all missed you
Yeah right(!) :angry: :angry: :doub: :doub: :sly: :sly:
mozz

Post by mozz »

RU iz gay so don't mess with r game hay people of wigan do u like what they done 2 are sport of rl it is going to gay kicking all the time

:angry:

what do you think? :eusa7:
Bear

Post by Bear »

mozz posted:
gay kicking all the time
I dont think because people kick that they are attracted to men :lol:

But I think the kicking could also benifit us as we are always pulled back on the 20m Restart
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Can't see that many people trying it to be honest, how often do you see it in NRL... the side taking the 20 m restart have to stop before kicking the ball - they can't just run up and kick it on the run - probably not as simple as people think.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

robjoenz posted:
Can't see that many people trying it to be honest, how often do you see it in NRL... the side taking the 20 m restart have to stop before kicking the ball - they can't just run up and kick it on the run - probably not as simple as people think.
How does it tie in with the "normal" 20m restart, Rob? Is it the same, in that the Ref has to blow his whistle? Wouldn't that mean, in theory, that the same rule applies as for a quick restart (a la Calderwood) - if the ref's ready, and all the kicking side are onside, a kick can be taken (instead of a quick tap&go?)

the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

mozz posted:
RU iz gay so don't mess with r game hay people of wigan do u like what they done 2 are sport of rl it is going to gay kicking all the time

:angry:

what do you think? :eusa7:

i no you....and ur sooooooooo random!

anyhow lets wait and see with the new rule!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

GeoffN posted:
How does it tie in with the "normal" 20m restart, Rob? Is it the same, in that the Ref has to blow his whistle? Wouldn't that mean, in theory, that the same rule applies as for a quick restart (a la Calderwood) - if the ref's ready, and all the kicking side are onside, a kick can be taken (instead of a quick tap&go?)
What currently happens is that the defending team take the tap when they are ready to and if the referee's set for it he'll blow his whistle as it's tapped.

What they'll want to avoid is the defensive side just running up and kicking the ball whilst on the run. Could get silly that way.

To actually answer the question... yes.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

If they do not allow a quick kick I cannot seeing anybody using the tactic. So that being so what is the point of the rule?
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

cpwigan posted:
If they do not allow a quick kick I cannot seeing anybody using the tactic. So that being so what is the point of the rule?

...because it was tried in the Grand Final.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan posted:
One point that springs to mind is that it will affect defensive positioning at the restart. Instead of one line of defence at the 30m line, the wingers, at least, will have to drop back to cover a possible kick, which should, in theory, allow more attacking moves out wide on the first set.

40-20's are pretty rare, too, but I think that one's generally seen as a good rule.