Wigan will be great in 2008

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
thegimble

Re: Wigan will be great in...

Post by thegimble »

jinkin jimmy posted:
thegimble posted:
I think its very open this season for the top 6. We wont finish top. Leeds, Saints or Bulls will finish top.

We are just as strong as last season. Pack is slightly weaker without Fletcher but the backs is stronger.
Disagree. New pack members are Coley and Bailey and every other member of the pack should improve this year bar Higham IMO. Against this we have lost Fletch who would be 34 this year, Millard who was shot and Hill who didn't make the grade.

IMO both forwards and backs are far stronger and I expect a marked improvement if our luck with injuries and court cases holds out.
Neither Bailey or Coley are a as good as Fletcher. Even at 34 he still would be better than either of the 2 you mention.
Bear

Post by Bear »

thegimble posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
thegimble posted:
I think its very open this season for the top 6. We wont finish top. Leeds, Saints or Bulls will finish top.

We are just as strong as last season. Pack is slightly weaker without Fletcher but the backs is stronger.
Disagree. New pack members are Coley and Bailey and every other member of the pack should improve this year bar Higham IMO. Against this we have lost Fletch who would be 34 this year, Millard who was shot and Hill who didn't make the grade.

IMO both forwards and backs are far stronger and I expect a marked improvement if our luck with injuries and court cases holds out.
Neither Bailey or Coley are a as good as Fletcher. Even at 34 he still would be better than either of the 2 you mention.
Maybe not, but theres nothing saying they couldnt improve to become better than fletcher, But i agree fletcher is a great player to have and is a big fella aswell
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

thegimble posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
thegimble posted:

Maybe so but the Fletcher of 2008 would not be as good as the 2007 version whereas in 2008 Lockers, Hock, Hansen, Feca, Fielden, Tompkins and McIllorum should all be expected to improve.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

mike binder posted:
o9r bottom to top depending on where u r :lol:
ok you got me i'm a bottom man ,
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

waterside glens posted:
mike binder posted:
me 2#
:roll:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

mike binder posted:
waterside glens posted:
mike binder posted:
me 2#
:eusa14:
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

GeoffN posted:
mike binder posted:
waterside glens posted: ok you got me i'm a bottom man ,
me 2#
:eusa14:
Me im a little Big man :lol: :cool: :wink:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

thegimble

Post by thegimble »

jinkin jimmy posted:
thegimble posted:
jinkin jimmy posted: Disagree. New pack members are Coley and Bailey and every other member of the pack should improve this year bar Higham IMO. Against this we have lost Fletch who would be 34 this year, Millard who was shot and Hill who didn't make the grade.

Maybe so but the Fletcher of 2008 would not be as good as the 2007 version whereas in 2008 Lockers, Hock, Hansen, Feca, Fielden, Tompkins and McIllorum should all be expected to improve.
Hansen for me could become a very good player next season. Hock has struggled a bit and Hansen could push him out of the starting line up.